What is Google Cloud SQL?
Google Cloud SQL is web service that allows you to create, configure, and use relational databases with your App Engine applications. It is a fully-managed service that maintains, manages, and administers your databases, allowing you to focus on your applications and services.
By offering the capabilities of a MySQL database, the service enables you to easily move your data, applications, and services into and out of the cloud. This allows for high data portability and helps in faster time-to-market because you can quickly leverage your existing database (using JDBC and/or DB-API) in your App Engine application.
Here is where you can get an invite to the beta only Google Cloud SQL
Sign up for Limited Preview
Google Cloud SQL is available to a limited number of users. To sign up for the service:
- Visit the Google APIs Console. The console opens the All services pane.
- Find the SQL Service line in the Services table and click Request access…
- Fill out the enrollment form.
- Our team will review your enrollment information and respond by email to the address associated with your Google Account.
- Follow the link in the email to view the Terms of Service. Please read these carefully before accepting.
- Sign up for the google-cloud-sql-announce group to receive important announcements and product news. (NOTE- Members: 384)