When bankers in suits can lose billions, and be bailed out by tax payer money and pay themselves and each other millions- why should the common man , the middle class be left out of the gravy train that economic productivity created by digital revolutions.
A hacker is a highly skilled person, why should he be exploited for visas, billing rates, sub contracting but have no recourse in normal outdated legal processes
If spies can hack ala Stuxnet and get golden medals
If companies can hack and be rewarded by IPOs
Why cant humans hack and be rewarded for it
Hackers and malware creators are highly talented individuals who have been failed with the system, one in which corporations and governments collude for deliberate vulnerabilities on unsuspecting tax paying software buying people
No Linux user is complaining of a virus if you noticed. But you cant sue people for defective software. Yet!
Sometimes I am afraid to be right (Hacking Elections as a service https://decisionstats.com/2017/02/09/hacking-elections-as-a-service/ )
A soldier that refuses to fight is useless
Imagine a world
- Mainland China uses cyber weapons and tactics to influence Taiwan’s elections
- Israel uses cyber tactics to influence Iran’s elections (yes Iran has elections)
- Russia /Syria/ Iran uses cyber tactics to influence Israel’s elections
- Pakistan uses cyber weapons and tactics to influence India”s elections
- North Korea does it to one of South Korea’s parties /politicians
- Lots of clients in Latin America for such specialists
The revelations of Russian (?) hacking (selectively) and leaking in an electoral cycle to favor a candidate which is more friendly than the other to them, could unleash a new era of cyber tactics. What is the central premise? Every party has something to hide, and each party has a foreign policy stand
If this was 1960, the CIA could have used the internet to bring down Castro (no need of poisoned Cigars)
Hacking Elections as a Service!