Oft repeated lies become the truth
Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Nazi Joseph Goebbels. The 2016 election showed how critically timed social media news can damage fatally the candidacy of electoral candidates with little or no remedy in law. (It is not illegal to spread rumours in a foreign country).
Yet tech majors can help. With browser embedded plugins, they can analyze and scrutinize the sentiment, the polarity, the word association of a web page. With the added advantage of IP address lookups, the social media can be a fair place for news just like credit bureaus are fair places for credit ratings.
Unless you like Russian Hackers for the people, of the people, by the people.
- Download Cloudera VM from https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/quickstart_vms/5-12.html
- Boot it up using VMware using instructions from https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Hadoop-101-Training-Quickstart/How-to-setup-Cloudera-Quickstart-Virtual-Machine/ta-p/35056 and (after download from https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_workstation_player/12_0)
In the file selection window, find and select the virtual machine package or configuration file for the virtual machine to open.3
Click the Open button.
- Download putty from (seriously dude) https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
- login to Cloudera VM using Putty as followIP address for connecting 192.168.72.128
- Username and Password – cloudera
- Install R using – sudo yum install R https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/redhat/README
- For Python see latest version at http://repo.continuum.io/archive/
- cd /opt
- sudo wget https://repo.continuum.io/archive/Anaconda3-5.0.1-Linux-x86_64.sh
- bash Anaconda3-5.0.1-Linux-x86_64.sh
- Accept all conditions!
- type jupyter notebook to launch Python in Notebook
- For RStudio
- See download link https://download1.rstudio.org/rstudio-1.1.383-x86_64.rpm from https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
- sudo wget https://download1.rstudio.org/rstudio-1.1.383-x86_64.rpm
- sudo bash
- yum install rstudio-1.1.383-x86_64.rpm
- For RStudio Server (better alternative since RStudio didnt work above)
- instructions from https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download-server/
$ wget https://download2.rstudio.org/rstudio-server-rhel-1.1.383-x86_64.rpm
$ sudo yum install --nogpgcheck rstudio-server-rhel-1.1.383-x86_64.rpm
- Open this http://localhost:8787/ in browser in VM and use cloudera cloudera as username and password
- Install packages as needed 🙂
- To check rstudio sessions type this in command line
sudo rstudio-server active-sessions
TO BE CONTINUED