1) Are you sure. It is tough to be a hacker. And football players get all the attention.
2) Really? Read on
3) Read Hacker’s Code
The Hacker’s Code
“A hacker of the Old Code.”
- Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever.
- Public goods belong to the public.*
- Software hoarding is evil.
Software does the greatest good given to the greatest number.
- Don’t be evil.
- Sourceless software sucks.
- People have rights.
Organizations live on sufferance.
- Governments are organizations.
- If it is wrong when citizens do it,
it is wrong when governments do it.
- Information wants to be free.
Information deserves to be free.
- Being legal doesn’t make it right.
- Being illegal doesn’t make it wrong.
- Subverting tyranny is the highest duty.
- Trust your technolust!
4) Read How to be a hacker by
Eric Steven Raymond
or just get the Hacker Attitude
The Hacker Attitude
- 1. The world is full of fascinating problems waiting to be solved.
- 2. No problem should ever have to be solved twice.
- 3. Boredom and drudgery are evil.
- 4. Freedom is good.
- 5. Attitude is no substitute for competence.
- 5) If you are tired of reading English, maybe I should move on to technical stuff
- 6) Create your hacking space, a virtual disk on your machine.
- You will need to learn a bit of Linux. If you are a Windows user, I recommend creating a VMWare partition with Ubuntu
- If you like Mac, I recommend the more aesthetic Linux Mint.
- How to create your virtual disk-
- read here-
- Download VM Player here
- Down iso image of operating system here
- Downloading is the longest thing in this exercise
- Now just do what is written here
- or if you want to try and experiment with other ways to use Windows and Linux just read this
- Moving data back and forth between your new virtual disk and your old real disk
- 7) Get Tor to hide your IP address when on internet
- 8a ) Block Ads using Ad-block plugin when surfing the internet (like 14.95 million other users)
- 8b) and use Mafiafire to get elusive websites
- 9) Get a Bit Torrent Client at http://www.utorrent.com/
- This will help you download stuff
- 10) Hacker Culture Alert-
- This instruction is purely for sharing the culture but not the techie work of being a hacker
- The website Pirate bay acts like a search engine for Bit torrents
- Visiting it is considered bad since you can get lots of music, videos, movies etc for free, without paying copyright fees.
- The website 4chan is considered a meeting place to meet other hackers. The site can be visually shocking
- You need to do atleast set up these systems, read the websites and come back in N month time for second part in this series on how to learn to be a hacker. That will be the coding part.
- END OF PART 1
- Updated – sorry been a bit delayed on next part. Will post soon.