How the West Counters China
- Using United Nations and WTO to present evidence to push for financial penalties
- Define Cyber- Retaliation rules of engagement and doctrine for hacking attacks
- Delineate the obfuscation between Anonymous, State Sponsored Hacks, Hactivism, Cyber Criminals- and build clear rules of engagement
- Provoke Chinese Naval and Air Assets (using the Opium War’s lessons)
- Create a digital cyber-warfare alliance using Australia, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, India , Tibetan Exiles and NATO
How China can counter the West
- Build a dossier of false or misplaced allegations that are leveled at China and use them when something sticks
- Highlight Western Government’s breaches of citizen privacy and digital surveillance
- Highlight efforts of intellectual property theft, monopolistic actions and industrial espionage in the West
- Host more black hat conferences within Macau and Hong Kong if not mainland China
- Support Anonymous and Digital Activism as potential allies
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu
Additive manufacturing or 3D printing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital model. 3D printing is achieved using additive processes, where an object is created by laying down successive layers of material. 3D printing is considered distinct from traditional machining techniques (subtractive processes) which mostly rely on the removal of material by drilling, cutting etc.
A world without factories , or atleast not as many. Where the only thing to be bought is design and raw material . Direct from the creators to the consumers.
Imagine 2025 – with the latest generation of 3 D printers. You browse though online catalogs, select designs for furniture, accessories, clothes. Click buy and then print.
No more inventory planning ( except for the raw material wood,synthetic,cloth, plastic or better still an intermediate that can be done in all of these). Everything is bio-degradable in this new world of 3D printers.
That future is closer than you think! No more Made in China vs Made in USA
Everything will be made at home! designed by artists! delivered by Internet.
This is probably how they will shift manufacturing back to the rest of the planet to the First World, as both China and India are lagging behind in understanding the ramifications of mass produced 3D printers. 3D printers could do to factories what automatic washing machines did to laundry.
I guess China is so busy changing the weather on Earth, or grabbing precious rare earth ores, it will lose out on the biggest Gold Rush of all time— Mars as a resource (plus the very doable dual use technologies you just saw)
Western countries are running out of people to fight their wars. This is even more acute given the traditional and current demographic trends in both armed forces and general populations.
A shift to cyber conflict can help the West maintain parity over Eastern methods of assymetrical warfare (by human attrition /cyber conflict).
Declining resources will lead to converging conflicts of interest and dynamics in balance of power in the 21 st century.
The launch of Sputnik by USSR led to the moon shot rush by the US.1960s
The proposed announcement of StarWars by USA led to unsustainable defence expenditure by USSR.1980s
The threat of cyber conflict and espionage by China (and Russian cyber actions in war with Georgia) has led to increasing budgets for cyber conflict research and defense in USA. -2010s
If we do not learn from history, we are condemned to repeat it.
Declining Populations in the West and Rising Populations in the East in the 21 st century. The difference in military age personnel would be even more severe, due to more rapid aging in the west.
Economic output will be proportional to number of people employed as economies reach similar stages of maturity (Factor-Manufacturing-Services-Innovation)
GDP projections to 2050:
Western defence forces would not be able to afford a human attrition intensive war by 2030 given current demographic trends (both growth and aging). Existing balance of power could be maintained if resources are either shared or warfare is moved to cyber space. Technological advances can help augment resources reducing case for conflict scenarios.
Will the Internet be used by US against China in the 21 st century as Opium was used by GB in the 19th? Time will tell🙂
It is best to use a DNS resolution service to avoid targeted attacks on your machine esp if you use the browser a lot. and it is quite fast!! Takes 2 minutes to set it up even for non geeks
I was getting slower browsing speeds on OpenDNS http://www.opendns.com/
so I switched to Google DNS (though I am not sure how people in Iran and China – who have a much greater need for DNS verification services will get secure resolution of DNS)
What is Google Public DNS?
Google Public DNS is a free, global Domain Name System (DNS) resolution service, that you can use as an alternative to your current DNS provider.
To try it out:
- Configure your network settings to use the IP addresses 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 as your DNS servers or
- Read our configuration instructions.
New! For IPv6 addresses, see our configuration instructions.
If you decide to try Google Public DNS, your client programs will perform all DNS lookups using Google Public DNS.
Why does DNS matter?
The DNS protocol is an important part of the web’s infrastructure, serving as the Internet’s phone book: every time you visit a website, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Complex pages often require multiple DNS lookups before they start loading, so your computer may be performing hundreds of lookups a day.
Why should you try Google Public DNS?
By using Google Public DNS you can:
We should all ask China to free Tibet because of the following reasons-
10 Reasons to Free Tibet
1) Replace a system of governance which is giving 12% GDP growth with a 1000 year old belief that one old guy is really a reincarnation of GOD
2) Because it is a romantic idea
3) The average Tibetan is much better economically than most other countries in Asia and Africa. Still freedom is messy- Donald Rumsfield.
4) So we can sell beer, Facebook ads, Internet Pornography to Tibetans which do not have the liberty to do so currently
5) So we can explore that area for mining and minerals
6) Damn it. We need one more ally for the free world. So we can invade more non free countries.
7) Tibetans girls are hot.
8) Dalai Lama is cool. and he doesnot charge by the hour unlike other yoga Gurus.
9) We need to encircle China just like we did in the 19th Century and Opium Wars
10) So artists like Ai Wei Wei can blog freely
1 Reason not to Free Tibet
1) Tibetans want to be free. If we give them democracy- they will be disappointed to know that the bullets just get replaced by the pepper spray. How silly is that? The desire to be free- when there is no such thing as free anymore.
(This was an article in Sarcasm and meant as literary and not a pseudo-intellectual political article. I have no training in Politics. For details see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
While Hulu.com continues to be only-America centric (and so does Spotify), Youtube continues to have the best global strategy for media partnerships. I just came across http://www.youtube.com/BoxOffice and it shows the latest Bollywood movies for free (by streaming and by ads- it is sponsored by Intel🙂 )
If you wanted to watch Bollywood and dont want to spend too much (or more likely- dont have a Bollywood rental store near you) -Check out the following movies some very new and some very classic-
Continue reading “YouTube Boxoffice for Bollywood Fans”