and I will never meet Steve Jobs
Gush awestruck @ gosh awesomeness
But every time I touch something
Steve touched or lent his touch to
I will miss Steve Jobs
for I will never meet Steve Jobs
I am not an Apple fanboy.In fact I dont use a Mac (because Linux works well for me at much cheaper rates)
I am going to miss Steve Jobs like I miss …… still.
1) The Original Pirate – I liked Steve Jobs ever since I saw Pirates of Silicon Valley, I wanted to be like the Jobs who created jobs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_Silicon_Valley
Artists steal. Yeah baby!
2) Music -Itunes Improbably the man who came up with the idea of music @ 99 cents helped more artists earn money in the era of Napster. Music piracy is not dead, but at 99 cents you CAN afford the songs
3) Aesthetics- and Design- as competitive barriers. It was all about the interface. People care about interfaces. Shoody software wont sell.
4) Portable Music- yes I once wrote a poem on my first Ipod. http://www.decisionstats.com/ode-to-an-ipod/ No , it doesnot rank as the top ten poems on Ipod in SERP
Walkman ‘s evolution was the Ipod – and it was everywhere.
5) Big Phones can be cool too- I loved my IPhone and so did everyone. But thats because making cool phones before that was all about making the tiniest thinnest phone. Using Videochat on Iphone and webs surfing were way much cooler than anything before or since.
6) Apps for Money for Geeks. Yes the Apps marketplace was more enriching to the geek universe than all open source put together.
7) Turtleneck Steve- You know when Steve Jobs was about to make a presentation because one week before and one week later the whole tech media behaved like either a fanboy or we are too cool to be an Apple fanboy but we will report it still. The man who wrote no code sold more technology than everyone else using just a turtleneck and presentations.
8) Pixar toons- Yes Pixar toons made sure cartoons were pieces of art and not just funny stuff anymore. This one makes me choke up
9) Kicking Microsoft butt- Who else but Steve can borrow money from MS and then beat it in every product it wanted to.
10) Not being evil. Steve Jobs made more money for more geeks than anyone. and he made it look good! The original DONT BE EVIL guy who never needed to say it aloud
Take a bow Steve Jobs (or touch the first Apple product that comes to your hand after reading this!)
The article was first written on Aug 25,2011 on Steve Jobs resignation news.It has been updated to note his departing from this planet as of yesterday.
Some monks pray
Some monks dance
Some monks drink
All monks hope for a second chance
I have played all
kinds of funny games
Been to all kinds of places
Called all unkind names
The thrill of the chase
The prospect of romance
is rarely expressed in thudding crashes
More often expressed in dance
Here comes tango
There goes hip hop
Ballroom dancing for the propah
Disco dancing for the lower crop
This monk got grace
It helps he has style
For very soon he will start sweating
Because he has not practiced in a while
While the forbidden and elusive
Pleasures of the flesh are often the downfall
Of talented men who began to crawl
Dancing never killed anyone
and no one got killed dancing.
The wars the fights and the peacock struts
Have continued since mankind begun
Choose your arena, choose your weapon
Dancing shoes or the barrel of a gun.
Music heals what people hurt
Poetry steals what movies covet
Paintings end up hugging stony walls
But dancing above all is in the moment
Transitory like a flutter of a piano sheet
Dance now or forever hold your feet.
I thought she dropped from Heaven
But all she did was leave
Broke my heart and my credit card
Left me wondering which one to grieve
I thought our time was special
We shared some mystic divine ties
It turns out I had been blitzed
By 140 pounds of sugar speaking 300 pounds of lies
Still life is okay
Fools have to learn
Poets have to write poetry
Even when nagged to pimp out and earn
Awesome used to be an adjective
It is now a proper noun for some
We dont care we wont change
We just sing and hum.
Every revolution needs a poet.
Every poet needs a revolution.
Every bird needs a branch to sit.
Every tree wishes for some birds to meet.
Every hacker deserves some respect.
Every corporation needs to pay its bills.
Every scumbag was once a human baby.
Every baby will grow up to do atleast one horrible thing.
Forget and Forgive.
Let it be and let it go.
And if you cant forget, forgive then fight
Will each cell in your brain, each sinew in your fingers
Kill all the killers if you cannot forgive the killing
Hack all the servers, tear them root by root,
if you cannot forgive the deceptions.
Violent begets violence,
be aware and beware.
(dedicated to all the intelligence agencies in the world. All of them except those that kill their own countrymen)
The Ethics of a Spy
is never to question Why
Instead pause and wait
Act now, before it is too late
We wait and watch
with the worst kind of homo sapiens
hoping our soul is not as corrupted
We are the watchers, the perpetual legal aliens
The ethics of a cop
May be to who dun it or stop
But the ethics of spy
Is to act now before people die
The Flotilla 13, The Alpha Team, The Seals, The Cobras
We are all brothers from the other mothers
We destroy our souls so we can save
Humanity from destroying itself.
Every man we killed
Haunts us in our dreams
Every woman we loved
was the one and truly love it seems
Those who live by the sword
Shall die by the sword too
But if that is any excuse for not doing
Then you must be a bigger foo
The ethics of a spy
is never to ask why
But to find and search
Protect the sheep from stumbling in the lurch
And when it is all over
The lucky ones are already dead
Old spies never die
We just wait for another op till the end.
Image: Spy vs. Spy is the property of Mad Magazine.
Temptation and sorrow
Have marred many a talented tomorrow
Life s Paradox is that to truly enjoy it
you have to abstain from its pleasures
Touch but don’t grab
Sniff but don’t smell
Taste but don’t swallow
Bite but don’t eat
Be excited only with the boundaries
Of your cubicle, your ears, your fingers
It is a game and we don’t know who is playing us
But we play on, soldier on, shoulder on
Accept our limitations and our weakness with grace
Our bias our prejudices our preoccupation with taste
Instant gratification leads to distant falls
Nature burns for adequately thermo-stated halls
And we burn for our illusions
Preoccupied as we are with silly delusions
Of our own unique irreplacability
Look Ma, Ah can now manipulate my DNA
Mother laughs, still a child.
Will blunder and fall, before it learns to walk for a while.