Heres to an expected $100 billion market valuation to the latest Silicon Valley Legend, Facebook- A Mark Zuckerberg Production.
Some milestones that made FB what it is-
1) Beating up MySpace, Ibibo, Google Orkut combined
2) Smart timely acquisitions from Friend feed , to Instagram
3) Superb infrastructure for 900 million accounts, fast interface rollouts, and a policy of never deleting data. Some of this involved creating new technology like Cassandra. There have been no anti-trust complaints against FB’s behavior particularly as it simply stuck to being the cleanest interface offering a social network
4) Much envied and copied features like Newsfeed, App development on the FB platform, Social Gaming as revenue streams
5) Replacing Google as the hot techie employer, just like Google did to Microsoft.
6) An uncanny focus, including walking away from a billion dollars from Yahoo,resisting Google, Apple’s Ping, imposing design changes unilaterally, implementing data sharing only with flexible partners and strategic investors (like Bing)
FB has made more money for more people than any other company in the past ten years. Here’s wishing it an even more interesting next ten years! With 900 million users if they could integrate a PayPal like system, or create an alternative to Adsense for content creators, they could create an all new internet economy – one which is more open than the Google dominated internet ; 0