Here is a really good website if you want to create charts for your website. It offers both flash as well as Silverlight charts.
A batch mate of mine working at Adobe Indiaís Noida development product management had tipped me to Adobe Air, but I thought it was typical Adobe hubris- but after several months Adobe Air clearly seems to be stealing a march over any other RIA ( Including Silverlight on which I have written and tagged before)
Above- Screenshot of how a Twitter Desktop Client, TweetDeck looks like.TweetDeck helps organize twitter friends in groups thus helping make sense of the twitter screen.
Man with Cat- Matt Cutts, who cuts spam.
Recent Tweet by Matt-
And on Cats, a repeat
Some time back, I had created a framework for data mining through on demand cloud computing. This is the next version- it is free to use for all, with only authorship credit back to me…………..
It tries to do away with fixed server ,desktop costs AND fixed software costs in softwares which are used for data mining ,stats and analytics and have huge huge per CPU count annual license fees
The modified¬†Ohri Framework tries to mash the following
0) HTTPS rather than HTTP
1) Encryption and Compression Software for data transfer (like PGP)
2) Open source stats package like R in cloud computer (like Amazon EC2 or Rightscale ¬†with hadoop)
3) GUI to make it easy to use (like Rattle GUI and PMML Package)
4) A Data Mining Open Source Package (like Rapid Miner or Splunk)
5) RIA Graphics (like Silverlight )
6) Secure Output to cloud computing devices (like Google Docs)
7) Billing or Priced at simple cost plus X % (where simple cost can be like 0.85 cent /per instance hour or more depending on usage and X should not be more than 15 %)
8) Open source sharing of all code to ensure community sandboxing
Intention is to remove fixed computing costs of servers and desktops to normal PC’s (Ubuntu Linux ) with (Firefox or IE Explorer ) access to secure data mining on demand .
On tap demand mining to anyone in the world without going for the big license purchases/renewals (software expenses) or big hardware purchases (which become obsolete in 2-3 years).
Also known as how to embed Silverlight Charts.
Simple- Visit www.visifire.com
and yes ,its open source.
Thank god for open source!! And Visifire.com—–
¬†Sister site www.iwannacrib.com
is hosting¬† a series of cartoons on Bloggers.
For Blog Boy’s revenue in the ad recession ,
¬†It is using a new tool called Silverlight and its quite cool.
Watch the Silverlight space soon.
¬†Its by a very old company called Microsoft from the 80’s
(like when people had long curly hair).