- The publisher adds credibility to your work
- A self fulfilling prophecy where researchers want to publish in exclusive journals and closed -access books, for the sole reason that others did so as well before them and thereby donate their knowledge and money to the publisher
The dichotomy in being a writer on open source with a non-open access publisher?
- I write on open source R ,
- and I have been published (one book )
- and am on contract to write two more ( R for Cloud Computing) and (R for Web and Social Media Analytics)
- My publisher does have open access journals.
- But the book is at $50. Most of India lives at less than 2$ per day. Thats 800 million people in my country alone.
But the publisher is the most reputed in this field. So what are my choices? How do I get more people to have choices to read books.
Take open knowledge , curate it, and turn it behind a $50 paywall. I am sorry, Aaron. People like me are the reason ……
On Demand entertainment I need to hear
On Demand information of webcasts, white papers dear
On demand downloads of information I am told I really need
Sometimes it is tough to keep which is shallow what is deep
Is it really on demand or were you overwhelmed and manipulated by the supply
On Demand Supply and estimates of forecasts of influencer of the demand
Friendship is also on demand
But Loneliness is Free and Open Source
And so is Freedom
How many Fans, Followers, Likes can you get
Before your critical mass makes you Viral
Like a Video Bieber whose clothes are torn by crowds
Searching for your 900 seconds of On Demand fame
You want to be paid on demand but work only on a creative fancy
Your on demand laziness is too demanding now
Ceteras Paribus, On demand is too much to demand
and much too on always on 24 7
Give me a book a friend and some peace and quiet
Bet you things arent there on supply but always on demand
Or are they?