Google recently did the following-
1 Raised salaries by 1000 $ across board, and gave a 10% increase at lower levels to reportedly 30% increase at higher levels.
The surprise 1000$ cash bonus , was a simple application of expectation management, people love a surprise 1000$ raise, but hate if told they would be getting a 90$ raise in their monthly salary from next quarter.
Ex Googlers or GoogleX as the groups is called have helped create a lot of not so evil value at Facebook, and at Twitter. Even the rest of the World made more money on Map Reduce than Google itself did
And Google refuses to do simple things like sell Android )s at 10 bucks a pop, or Google Maps at 0.99 cents a pop. Not even a paid content search by integrating syndicating sources like Factiva, Bloomberg etc
The book scanning project would be out soon , hey when, but they could better get some health record scanning contracts to help cut digital costs
And the A/B experiment to move to pay per conversion rather than pay per click will hurt spamboy advertisers in Facebook or Bing more than Google.
and will someone remove the 100$ limit in Adsense minimum revenue-the internet long tail doesnt end at the round number
But Google ‘s rumors of firing the guy who leaked the raise rumor is totally deception –
seems they are just plugging the leaks for hot new features to counter Gmail killers (where did we heard this phrase before) by
Mark “Still dont have a diploma from Harvard”
speaking of which if Facebook has 500 million unique customers logging and clicking ads (right)- how many unique customers search and click ads on Google. A histogram using a Monte Carlo would be nice- 🙂
- Google Raise, Bonus Announcement Surprises Employees (techeblog.com)
- Google engineer: Raise leaker exposed us to mugging (news.cnet.com)
- Google Fires Leaker Of Payrise Info (searchenginewatch.com)
- Google Employee Leaks The News That Google Fired Employee Who Leaked Salary Info (techdirt.com)
- “Burma releases pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi” and related posts (wildmind.org)
- “Google doodle celebrates Robert Louis Stevenson’s birthday” and related posts (pocket-lint.com)