Here is a great R application created by http://sysbio.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk
R Wui for creating R Web Interfaces
its been there for some time now- but presumably R Apache is more well known.
The web application Rwui is used to create web interfaces for running R scripts. All the code is generated automatically so that a fully functional web interface for an R script can be downloaded and up and running in a matter of minutes.
Rwui is aimed at R script writers who have scripts that they want people unversed in R to use. The script writer uses Rwui to create a web application that will run their R script. Rwui allows the script writer to do this without them having to do any web application programming, because Rwui generates all the code for them.
The script writer designs the web application to run their R script by entering information on a sequence of web pages. The script writer then downloads the application they have created and installs it on their own server.
Features of web applications created by Rwui
- Whole range of input items available if required – text boxes, checkboxes, file upload etc.
- Facility for uploading of an arbitrary number of files (for example, microarray replicates).
- Facility for grouping uploaded files (for example, into ‘Diseased’ and ‘Control’ microarray data files).
- Results files displayed on results page and available for download.
- Results files can be e-mailed to the user.
- Interactive results files using image maps.
- Repeat analyses with different parameters and data files – new results added to results list, as a link to the corresponding results page.
- Real time progress information (text or graphical) displayed when running the application.
In order to use the completed web applications created by Rwui you will need:
- A Java webserver such as Tomcat version 5.5 or later.
- Java version 1.5
- R – a version compatible with your R script(s).
Using Rwui to create a web application for an R script simply involves:
- Entering details about your Rscript on a sequence of web pages.
- Rwui is quite flexible so you can backtrack, edit and insert, as you design your application.
- Rwui then generates the web application, which is Java based and platform independent.
- The application can be downloaded either as a .zip or .tgz file.
- Unpacked, the download contains all the source code and a .war file.
- Once the .war file is copied to the Tomcat webapps directory, the application is ready to use.
- Application details are saved in an ‘application definition file’ for reuse and modification.
- Exadel Announces Tiggr; A New Application for Creating User Interface Prototypes Collaboratively Online (prweb.com)
- Migrating an ASP.NET Site to the Cloud (itexpertvoice.com)
- SmarterStats 6.x Provides Most Accurate View of Website, Server Activity (eon.businesswire.com)
- Iflexion Announces a Web Social Network Engine Release (pr.com)