A tale of two languages ( set in Twitterland)
Everytime I post to the R help list, if the email contains the three words S.- A – S , I get plenty of e-spanking from senior professors and distinguished Linux people. On the other hand when I mentioned W-P-S I got dunked by the Don of SAS Global himself. We geeks are so passionate.
Here is some new stuff on Twitter for the R /Open Source community.
1) I manually made a list of
- best R blogs,
- R help lists ( on Nabble since Google Groups banned R help archive),
- Twitter Search for #rstats ( general search word for R)
I then copied the RSS feeds of each of the above.
2) I then went to www.twitterfeed.com (uses open Id) and linked a new Twitter Account to these RSS feeds
3) I then tweaked the layout and added #rstats before each post to the new R resource http://twitter.com/Rarchive
If you are a tweeter you can follow it here http://twitter.com/Rarchive and never miss any R news going forward.
ps- I also did the same for sas for http://twitter.com/sascommunity
#rstats helps in SEO in Google since Google uses Twitter search as well. Existing best R search engine is http://rseek.com
In any case it is too late to change now since this is more like a automated firehose. Now you can use #rstats as well additional keywords to get more searchable useful stuff.
http://twitter.com/sas belongs to a guy who is wondering who is trying to hack his twitter account
, well you can check the screen shot below