Step 1 is to create internal motivation to create a blog in the first place
Step 2 is to find what to write
Reasons Bloggers Blog-
Examples- I hate Facebook Platform team treats me badly with waits, and breaks my code.
SAS Marketing wont give me a big discount to make me look good in front of my boss.
Companies wont give me their software for free- even though I will use it to make money (and not play X Box)
I want my vendors to be FOSS but my customers to switch to SaaS.
Google wont do this- Apple wont do that- Microsoft wont do those.
Revolution would give me 4 great packages but not the open source for RevoScaler (which only 300 people would understand in the first place)
I better kiss the Professor and give a Turkey for dinner, as he sits on my thesis committee.
I will recommend Prof X’s lousy book in the hope he recommends my lousy book as a textbook too.
It is safe to laugh when the boss is making a joke-I should comment on her corporate blog, and retweet her.
I belong to this great online community of smart people. Let me agree to what they say.
I really believe in EVERYTHING that ALL the 2 MILLION members of the community have to say ALL the TIME.
I belong to this online community because all my friends are on my computer.
My blog page rank is now X plus delta tau because of sugary key words (2004)
My technorati numbers rise (2005)
I was once on Digg (2007)
I have Z * exp N followers on Twitter and even more on Facebook (2008)
My Klout is increasing on twitter, My stack overflow reputation ‘s cup floweth over. (2009)
My Karma on Reddit is more important than my Karma in real life (2010)
I got time to kill- and I think I may learn more, meet intersting people and discover something wandering on the internet.
All those who wonder are not lost- Wikiquote
I got a story to tell, poems to write, code to give away. A free Blog is something a Chinese , an Iranian and a North korean really really know what the value is.
But after all that, WHY Do Bloggers Blog?
- Because we are still waiting for Facebook to create the Blog Killer.
- Its better than saying I am unemployed and a social loner
- Reddit Karma feels good. Any Karma of any kind.
- Calling BS on Klout and the Concept of Influencers (mizzinformation.com)
- Overheard on #Blogchat: The Next Level (@tc_geeks) (blogworld.com)
- Why Facebook and Twitter Are Not Replacing Blogging (dannybrown.me)
- Report: Blogging Falls to Facebook and Twitter (socialtimes.com)
- Facebook and Twitter have become indispensable to bloggers (venturebeat.com)
- Whaddya Mean-Blogging is Dead? (janetfouts.com)
- (VIDEO) Microblogging vs. Blogging: Is There a Battle? (blogher.com)