Step 1 is to create internal motivation to create a blog in the first place
Step 2 is to find what to write
Reasons Bloggers Blog-
Examples- I hate Facebook Platform team treats me badly with waits, and breaks my code.
SAS Marketing wont give me a big discount to make me look good in front of my boss.
Companies wont give me their software for free- even though I will use it to make money (and not play X Box)
Google wont do this- Apple wont do that- Microsoft wont do those.
Revolution would give me 4 great packages but not the open source for RevoScaler (which only 300 people would understand in the first place)
I better kiss the Professor and give a Turkey for dinner, as he sits on my thesis committee.
I will recommend Prof X’s lousy book in the hope he recommends my lousy book as a textbook too.
It is safe to laugh when the boss is making a joke-I should comment on her corporate blog, and retweet her.
I belong to this great online community of smart people. Let me agree to what they say.
I really believe in EVERYTHING that ALL the 2 MILLION members of the community have to say ALL the TIME.
I belong to this online community because all my friends are on my computer.
My blog page rank is now X plus delta tau because of sugary key words (2004)
My technorati numbers rise (2005)
I was once on Digg (2007)
I have Z * exp N followers on Twitter and even more on Facebook (2008)
My Klout is increasing on twitter, My stack overflow reputation ‘s cup floweth over. (2009)
I got time to kill- and I think I may learn more, meet intersting people and discover something wandering on the internet.
All those who wonder are not lost- Wikiquote
I got a story to tell, poems to write, code to give away. A free Blog is something a Chinese , an Iranian and a North korean really really know what the value is.
But after all that, WHY Do Bloggers Blog?
- Because we are still waiting for Facebook to create the Blog Killer.
- Its better than saying I am unemployed and a social loner
- Reddit Karma feels good. Any Karma of any kind.
- Calling BS on Klout and the Concept of Influencers (mizzinformation.com)
- Overheard on #Blogchat: The Next Level (@tc_geeks) (blogworld.com)
- Why Facebook and Twitter Are Not Replacing Blogging (dannybrown.me)
- Report: Blogging Falls to Facebook and Twitter (socialtimes.com)
- Facebook and Twitter have become indispensable to bloggers (venturebeat.com)
- Whaddya Mean-Blogging is Dead? (janetfouts.com)
- (VIDEO) Microblogging vs. Blogging: Is There a Battle? (blogher.com)