– First Assume Nothing-
I would be very surprised if 260,000 documents and not even one was a counter-intelligence dis information move. Why was ALL the information stored in one place- maybe Wikileaks would leak the launch codes of the missiles next.
One more data visualization for Tableau– R watchers can not how jjplot by Facebook Analytics and Tableau are replacing GGPLOT 2 as visualization standards- (GGPLOT 2 needs a better GUI maybe using pyqt than the Deducer currently- maybe they can create GGPLOT extensions for Red R yet)
and yes stranger stupid things have happened in diplomacy and intelligence (like India exploding the nuclear bomb on exactly the same date and same place —-surprising CIA, but we are supposed to be on the same side atleast for the next decade) but it would be wrong not to cross reference the cables with the some verification.
Tableau gives great data viz though, but I dont think all 260,000 cables are valid data points (and boy they must really be regretting creating the internet at DARPA and DoD- but you can always blame Al Gore for that)
- WikiLeaks ‘surprised’ by scale of US espionage (cnn.com)
- India is concerned about what the WikiLeaks documents hold but assures US of no harm in the relations (panasianbiz.com)
- How a Burnt Lady Gaga CD Helped Leak Thousands of Intelligence Files [Wikileaks] (gizmodo.com)
- Australia Considers Arresting WikiLeaks Chief (israelnationalnews.com)
- WikiLeaks confronts cyberattack (theglobeandmail.com)