- Much more progress has been made in data storage , data querying and data analysis of huge amounts of personally identifiable information , than in encrypting such information
- Big Data has as much dual use usage for governments and corporations as uranium has for building bombs or power plants.
- There is as much lucre and potential revenue for encrypted data streams in the cloud era – as there for anti virus software in the PC era
- Tracking citizens totally is evil- the total costs of such programs is unjustified given the thwarted terrorism plots by Big Data ‘s Cyber Spying. At best I can understand governments spying on citizen’s of other countries to gain advantages in trade
- The American dominance of cyber spying and big data threaten to unravel and undermine it’s credibility as de facto leader of the Internet. It proves China’s vision of a walled off internet makes sense and that is a dangerous precedent which could lead to the break up of the internet along national boundaries of electronic fire walls.