A quick look at http://crisislanding.appspot.com/crisismap/weather_and_events shows how big the storm in Philippines is
With almost 300 plus feeds flowing in, this is the Pythonic version of R Bloggers (with hat tip to R bloggers founder, Tal G for pointing me to this site). Note I have written before on FOAS and it’s Pythonic counterpart NumFocus – those are basically foundations for encouraging language development and usage while Planet Python and R bloggers are blog aggregators
The Planet Python site has no ads, and is actually supported by the Python Official Website. It also has an OPML feed in case you want to replicate it easily –http://planet.python.org/opml.xml
However the lack of ads is a dual edged sword as it hurts startups, corporates and trainers in the Python ecosystem. Also there seems no easy way to get the newsletter in a daily email.
- For bloggers- To request addition or removal:
e-mail planet at python.org (note, responses can take up to a few days)
Because it is Thursday
I am feeling blue
No one to love me yet
But my reader -you
- I apologize in advance to non gaming readers of this blog.
- I have written about Ingress before here
- I am also experimenting with a new way of writing- in bullet points than in paragraphs.
- Huge number of portals in downtown Calgary compared to Delhi
- Huge number of mind units in Delhi/ India- just made a field with 220 K MUs which is impossible to make or hold in Calgary
- The smurfs have beaten the frogs in submission in Delhi, with the ability to put up giant 50 million MUs almost at will
- Complete domination in one area leads to boring play for everyone especially for fields that are huge
- Very tough to see the roads etc in a quadruple layer blue field as was the case for last two weeks in Delhi
- Easily the least number of AP I have been scoring since I began playing 5 months ago.
- To my surprise , Ingress keeps rejecting things like Transit stations etc. There seems to be a different strict criterion in different countries in accepting portals. Maybe this is due to bandwidth constraint since Ingress is totally free as to the best of my knowledge.
- I still dont know how Ingress makes money but yeah the geo-game-play data would be awesome for simulations!
- The new stats in Agent tab are good, but maybe some graphs can help
- On a LG phone , Ingress fonts are bloated
- Heaven is a good and cheap data plan on your phone and a great Metro system to transport you to portal glory without wasting much time
- Delhi has a tonne of history. Pity not so many portals!
In an earlier article I had talked of the frightening under preparation of medicine against cyber attacks I had listed some resources- here
Some more papers on this are here https://spqr.eecs.umich.edu/papers/b1kohFINAL2.pdf and here http://www.cis.temple.edu/~jiewu/research/publications/Publication_files/Defending%20Resource%20Depletion%20Attacks%20on.pdf and here http://gao.gov/assets/650/647767.pdf
Sadly there is a complete lack of updated research in public arena. I wonder if the cloud era needs a new eco system of Information Security. Where is John McAffee when you need him?
With Cyber Snooping or Cyber Reconnaissance (NSA) much in the news lately, I wonder if countries monitor the health of foreign leaders like Sonia Gandhi etc through medical devices- a good number of these surgeries are done in the United States for political leaders.