Awesomely informative post on sascom magazine (whose editor I have I interviewed before here at http://www.decisionstats.com/interview-alison-bolen-sas-com/ – )
Great piece by Michael Ames ,SAS Data Integration Product Manager.
Also see SAS’s big data thingys here at
Solutions and Capabilities Using SAS® In-Memory Analytics
- High-Performance Analytics – Get near-real-time insights with appliance-ready analytics software designed to tackle big data and complex problems.
- High-Performance Risk – Faster, better risk management decisions based on the most up-to-date views of your overall risk exposure.
- High-Performance Liquidity Risk Management – Take quick, decisive actions to secure adequate funding, especially in times of volatility.
- High-Performance Stress Testing – Make faster, more precise decisions to protect the health of the firm.
- Visual Analytics – Explore big data using in-memory capabilities to better understand all of your data, discover new patterns and publish reports to the Web and iPad®.
(Ajay- I liked the Visual Analytics piece especially for Big Data )