Some thoughts on the FB IPO-
1) Is Zuck reading emails on his honeymoon? Where is he?
2) In 3 days FB lost 34 billion USD in market valuation. Thats enough to buy AOL,Yahoo, LinkedIn and Twitter (combined)
3) People are now shorting FB based on 3-4 days of trading performance. Maybe they know more ARIMA !
4) Who made money on the over-pricing in terms on employees who sold on 1 st day, financial bankers who did the same?
5) Who lost money on the first three days due to Nasdaq’s problems?
6) What is the exact technical problem that Nasdaq had?
7) The much deplored FaceBook Price/Earnings ratio (99) is still comparable to AOL’s (85) and much less than LI (620!). see http://www.google.com/finance?cid=296878244325128
8) Maybe FB can stop copying Google’s ad model (which Google invented) and go back to the drawing table. Like a FB kind of Paypal
9) There are more experts on the blogosphere than experts in Wall Street.
10) No blogger is willing to admit that they erred in the optimism on the great white IPO hope.
I did. Mea culpa. I thought FB is a good stock. I would buy it still- but the rupee tanked by 10% since past 1 week against the dollar.
I am now waiting for Chinese social network market to open with IPO’s. Thats walled gardens within walled gardens of Jade and Bamboo.
Related- Art Work of Another 100 billion dollar company (2006)