A really nice use for R is education
Concerto: R-Based Online Adaptive Testing Platform
Concerto is a web based, adaptive testing platform for creating and running rich, dynamic tests. It combines the flexibility of HTML presentation with the computing power of the R language, and the safety and performance of the MySQL database. It’s totally free for commercial and academic use, and it’s open source. If you have any questions, you feel like generously supporting the project, or you want to develop a commerical test on the platform, feel free to email Michal Kosinski.
We rely as much as possible on popular open source packages in order to maximize the safety and reliability of the system, and to ensure that its elements are kept up-to-date.
Why choose Concerto?
- Simple to use: Check our Step-by-Step tutorial to see how to create a test in minutes.
- Flexibility: You can use the R engine to apply virtually any IRT or CAT models.
- Scalability: Modular design, MySQL tables, and low system requirements allow the testing of thousands for pennies.
- Reliability: Concerto relies on popular, constantly updated, and reliable elements used by millions of users world-wide.
- Elegant feedback and items: The flexibility of the HTML layer and the power of R allow you to use (or generate on the fly!) polished multi-media items, as well as feedback full of graphs and charts generated by R for each test taker.
- Low costs: It’s free and open-source!
- Project’s website at Google Code
- Tutorial: Create a simple test step-by-step
- Tutorial: Create an adaptive test with Concerto
- Concerto Manual
- CAT Concerto
Before installing concerto you may prefer to test it using a demo account on our server.Email Michal Kosinski in order to get demo account.
- Project hosted at: Google Code
Training in Concerto:
Next session 9th Dec 2011: book early!
Commercial tests and Concerto:
Concerto is an open-source project so anyone can use it free of charge, even for commercial purposes. However, it might be faster and less expensive to hire our experienced team to develop your test, provide support and maintenance, and take responsibility for its smooth and reliable operation. Contact us!