Some notes and thoughts on Websites ( which may be back in fashion once the social media bubble bubble burps, I mean bursts)
0) Write Great Content. Do not write in haste. Do not revise in haste. Publish and share url only at a time when you think it will lead to views.
1) Design-Benchmarking Beauty
Bad Artists borrow, Great Artists Steal-
quote attributed to Pablo Picasso/ Steve Jobs
- Take the top 5 websites that you think are close rivals to your mighty website.
- Pick one design feature that is GOOD and they have and your website doesnt. Copy the design idea -(is the background, is it the font, is it the picture, is it video, is it page structure)
- Pick 3 design features in each website that are bad AND your website has the same feature of ugliness. Eliminate that feature from your website
Robert C. Gallagher
- Your title of the post/page should ideally be the search result of a keyword or a question.
- Think – What kind of question will lead to this title.
- Can I tweak the words to have better keywords.
- Hint- Better Keywords have more ads on Google.