Yup Yankee Doodle. Welcome to India. Ancient Land of Mystique. Modern Land of taking your job.
Let me give you how many jobs we created in India from you.
“Generation of employment
The rapid growth in IT-BPO industry has created large number of jobs for the expanding employablepopulation. The employment provided by the industry increased more than 8 times over FY2000-2009and reached 2.2 million in FY2009.”
Thats stratight from the horses mouth from http://www.nasscom.in/upload/68924/Impact_Study_2010_Exec_Summary.pdf
2.2 million jobs. Assume 50% of jobs catered to US. Thats 1.1 Million . Assume lower productivity by Indians of 10%.
That’s a million jobs, Americano. Thanks for nothing.
Thats 1 million people who went from taking a paycheck and spending it (on Chinese manufactured good) to 1 million welfare checks.
Now I wish we could drink more Coke, buy more Levis, or even more Fighter Aircraft using our 250 $ billion reserves, but we follow China the leader.
6. Foreign trade grew rapidly and trade surplus was reduced to some extent. The total value of imports and exports for the first three quarters of this year was US$ 2,148.7 billion, up by 37.9 percent year-on-year. The value of exports was US$ 1,134.6 billion, up by 34.0 percent, and the value of imports was US$ 1,014.0 billion, up by 42.4 percent. The trade surplus was US$ 120.6 billion, a decline of US$ 14.9 billion over the same period last year.”
Thats a lot of money employing a lot of Chinese, maybe even more than the 1 million American jobs that went to India.
The computers, electronic equipment, and parts industries experienced the largest growth in trade deficits with China, leading with 627,700 (26%) of all jobs displaced between 2001 and 2008. As a result, the hardest hit Congressional districts were located in California and Texas, where remaining jobs in those industries are concentrated, and in North Carolina, which was hard hit by job displacement in a variety of manufacturing industries
NOTE- Thats also a very sensitive area in terms of security cyber et all
Anyways, thats all now. Thanks for the jobs Yankee boys
(written by an Indian who dislikes job losses anywhere)
- India To Obama: Outsourcing Is A Win-Win (informationweek.com)
- India Tries to Counter U.S. Outsourcing Fears (foxnews.com)
- Welcome Obama! India Inc is here to help (ibnlive.in.com)
- I have to protect American jobs: Obama (ibnlive.in.com)
- The Truth About Outsourcing (creditloan.com)
- India to Raise Issue of Outsourcing Curbs With Obama (pcworld.com)
- Philippine Share of Global IT-BPO Market Can Reach $25 Billion, 1.3 Million Jobs by 2016 (eon.businesswire.com)