A fascinating article in New York Times details the fascinating details of the Stuxnet virus, apparently the most successful cyber weapon in recent times.
Given that Industrial Controllers are a part of a everything from factories to missile launch configurations, I believe this is a fascinating area of study for the world’s research scientists including creating variants and defenses for this.
Also a 2008 presentation by Siemens that the NYT was kind enough to link to- (whither Wikileaks ??)
- New York Times Reports US and Israel Behind Stuxnet (tech.slashdot.org)
- Iran Shows the Downside of Using Proprietary Software (techrights.org)
- Report: U.S., Israel Tested Iranian Worm (foxnews.com)
- Report: Israel tested Iran-bound Stuxnet worm in Dimona nuclear plant – Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News (aboriginalpress.blogspot.com)
- Must read Stuxnet article (imperva.com)
- Stuxnet Could Cripple America: Report (newser.com)
- Israel tested worm linked to Iran atom woes – report – Reuters Africa (news.google.com)
- NYT: Israel’s Stuxnet test led to Iran nuke delay (msnbc.msn.com)
- Did Israel test Stuxnet in Dimona? (elderofziyon.blogspot.com)
- Evidence builds that Stuxnet worm was aimed at averting war over Iran’s nuclear weapons (venturebeat.com)