Simple Review- Simple 100 Page Book Expounding on Ten Laws of Simplicity with Profound Applications in Design.
Complex Review-An excellent book by MIT Design Guru, John Maeda, it talks of the essential process in thinking in simplified manner and the tremendous edge that product and service strategists can gain from it. Essential reading for any strategist and can be read in an hour or two as well.
The Ten Laws are-
- Time- Reduce time to do things
- Context- Appropriate
- Emotion- More
- Failure- What we cant simplify
- The One- Subtract obvious and add the meaningful
- Away-More appears like less by simply moving it far, far away.
- Open- Openness simplifies complexity.
- Power- Use less, gain more.
An abstract video on the same is here
or you can watch the TED talk yourself at