I love the Java by Code Academy course, even though it is very new and quite possibly one of the first of many Java courses that hopefully appear on this beloved website. I crossed 800 points today on CodeAcademy.
Summaries from Code Academy on Java- these are sourced by the nifty help provided and are cited to Code Academy ( how does one cite it!)
Java is an object-oriented programming (OOP) language, the coder can design classes, objects, and methods that can perform certain actions. These behaviours are important in the construction of larger, more powerful Java programmes. Java is a programming language designed to build secure, powerful applications that run across multiple operating systems. The Java language is known to be flexible, scalable, and maintainable.
- Data Types are
- Variables are used to store values.
- Whitespace helps make code easy to read for you and others.
- Comments describe code and its purpose.
- Arithmetic Operators include
- Relational Operators include
- Equality Operators include
Control flow allows Java programs to execute code blocks depending on Boolean expressions.
- Boolean Operators:
!are used to build Boolean expressions and have a defined order of operations
elsestatements are used to conditionally execute blocks of code
- Ternary Conditional: a shortened version of an
elsestatement that returns a value based on the value of a Boolean expression
- Switch: allows us to check equality of a variable or expression with a value that does not need to be a Boolean