- Bait and Switch – used to plant embedded malware or logging systems https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods which are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods. It can be avoided by periodically changing your hardware and software with a reliance for open source and open market and of course by avoiding things that are too good to be true.
- The Honey Trap –https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_trapping
a stratagem in which an attractive person entices another person into revealing information or doing something unwise. This one got Julian Assange
- The Honey Pot –https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeypot_(computing) a honeypot is a trap set to detect, deflect, or, in some manner, counteract attempts at unauthorized use of information systems. Generally, a honeypot consists of a computer, data, or a network site that appears to be part of a network, but is actually isolated and monitored, and which seems to contain information or a resource of value to attackers. This is similar to the police baiting a criminal and then conducting undercover surveillance. This one got Sabu.
- The Tax Trap- This one got Al Capone. Since there is no evidence against your cyber activities they put you in tax court based on the mismatch of your income and expenditure. It can be avoided by creating appropriate legal mechanisms including corporations.
- The Informer Trap– God can protect you against your enemies but not your friends. This can be avoided by delineating the personal private and professional life of your activities in different compartments, hardware and virtual machines including your own personality and brain. Reveal you true identity to boast and you will end up a Reservoir Dog