1) It takes 5 seconds to switch your Search Engine Provider.
2) It consistently does not lock you with added services of its own (like Youtube runs on Iphones and Facebook and on Internet Explorer and so does the search engine and so does Google Maps).
3) It has leveraged the maximum from goodwill from open source developers without investing too much money back into them Goodwill is precious and once you lose dev cred you lose it for some time (as some companies found out in the last decade).
4) It has very well funded rivals from MS, Oracle,and Apple and Facebook. That alone will guarantee competition more than any lawyer.
Some Google Strengths-
5) Its portfolio remains under monetized – that gives it plenty of flexibility. The following products are the best in class, and yet are mostly free for retail customers.
- Google Maps
- Google Analytics
- Google Docs/Drive
6) Its main product is free to use. You cant beat free. You can try. but cant.
7) It remains the prime source of CS/ Math/Stat related talent on this planet (remember Map Reduce paper). Only the NSA has more bad ass geeks.
8) It tries not to be evil. Mostly it is not evil. Sometimes the ads get irritating. But never evil.
One thought on “Why Google will never be a monopoly?”
never EVIL but NOT always Good