Here is brief one question interview with Jill Dyche , founder Baseline Consulting.
- It was more about consciousness-raising in the executive suite—
- getting C-level managers to understand the ongoing value proposition of BI,
- why MDM isn’t their father’s database, and
- how data governance can pay for itself over time.
- Some companies succeeded with these consciousness-raising efforts. Some didn’t.
But three big ones in 2011 would be:
- Predictive analytics in the cloud. The technology is now ready, and so is the market—and that includes SMB companies.
- Enterprise search being baked into (commoditized) BI software tools. (The proliferation of static reports is SO 2006!)
- Data governance will begin paying dividends. Until now it was all about common policies for data. In 2011, it will be about ROI.
I do a “Predictions for the coming year” article every January for TDWI,
Note- Jill ‘s January TDWI article seems worth waiting for in this case.
Partner and Co-Founder
Jill Dyché is a partner and co-founder of Baseline Consulting. She is responsible for key client strategies and market analysis in the areas of data governance, business intelligence, master data management, and customer relationship management.
Jill counsels boards of directors on the strategic importance of their information investments.
Jill is the author of three books on the business value of IT. Jill’s first book, e-Data (Addison Wesley, 2000) has been published in eight languages. She is a contributor to Impossible Data Warehouse Situations: Solutions from the Experts (Addison Wesley, 2002), and her book, The CRM Handbook (Addison Wesley, 2002), is the bestseller on the topic.
Jill’s work has been featured in major publications such as Computerworld, Information Week, CIO Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune and Newsweek.com. Jill’s latest book, Customer Data Integration (John Wiley and Sons, 2006) was co-authored with Baseline partner Evan Levy, and shows the business breakthroughs achieved with integrated customer data.
Jill is a featured speaker at industry conferences, university programs, and vendor events. She serves as a judge for several IT best practice awards. She is a member of the Society of Information Managementand Women in Technology, a faculty member of TDWI, and serves as a co-chair for the MDM Insight conference. Jill is a columnist for DM Review, and a blogger for BeyeNETWORK and Baseline Consulting.
- Baseline Consulting Introduces The Data Governance eBook (eon.businesswire.com)
- Baseline Consulting Kicks Off the TDWI Solution Summit (eon.businesswire.com)
- DataFlux Brings Together Data Management Practitioners, Experts at DataFlux IDEAS 2010 (eon.businesswire.com)
- Tableau Upgrade Heats Up Cool BI World (informationweek.com)