Here is a three step process for Downloading your entire Facebook Info-
1) Go to top right hand corner- Account.
2) Under Account- click on Account Settings
3)Under Account Settings -Click on Download Information
Facebook creates a ZIP file for downloading your information- and sends you an email when the info is ready.
Why should you download your Facebook Info-
1) As a local backup of your profile
2) To move to Orkut – or better to share Photos on Picassa or Flickr to your non Facebook friends. Note FB does have a unique URL under each Photo that you can copy and paste and share, but its not really convenient besides being huge and not a small URL at all.
3) In case you want to delete your Facebook account but dont want to lose your memories and friends.
Nice step from FB- they are taking user privacy and empowerment more seriously and at 500 Million users can afford to be a bit more generous.
- Facebook Adds Download Your Information Feature (ghacks.net)
- How to download Personal Facebook Profile Information To Computer (mydigitallife.info)
- Download the Missing Pieces of Data from Facebook (labnol.org)