How would America’s founding fathers adopt the first amendment to email groups, or wikis or social networks or spam. or to Non -Americans in the same email groups -wikis -social networks.
Or to search engines ,directary services,privacy advocates or bloggers. or to Websites.
This is very useful if you are either a content generator (to help protect your copyright ) or if you use free content (as in Business Research reports for commercial uses). A Hyderabad based company once got in trouble because someone was using UN data (which is free) without ascribing the source, to create a database. Had they just used source -UN , they wouldnot have gotten into any issue at all.
I did a graphical analysis of Olympic Medal Distributions here
After ranking the countries, and doing logs of their medals, I did the graphs (they are in sheet 2) – here are the findings
1) Log Bronze Medals is like a step function across countries
2)Total Medals is like a Poisson function.
3) Log Total Medals is like a nice Lorenze curve like figure.
4) Google docs charts is not as good as excel , but they are coming close.
5)Google docs charts are no MS silverlight when it comes to showing online graphs.
But they are ready to be published on the web in 5 mins.
6) if Michael Phelps was a country , he would be number 6 or 7.
7) China leads in gold medals (equal to next three US, Russia and UK combined)
8) US leads in total medals.
9) Worst per capita medal tally (non zero) would be India. 3 Medals per billion people.This is the first time India has won more than 1 medal in an Olympics though. We are still very very very happy about it.
10) Sports and Olympics are cool stuff. Despite the country rankings, most countries love sports.
Number 10 is not based on data but on hope. A special thanks to discussions which inspired this .http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0808C&L=sas-l&D=1&O=D&P=42233
From a design perspective , there seems a clear winner. And live.com algorithm is getting better.
Here is a great and free scripting tool called AutoIT .
You can send mouse and keyboard events, windows to open, its quite simple and powerful. A prtial list of features from the site is below.
“AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying “runtimes” required!
AutoIt was initially designed for PC “roll out” situations to reliably automate and configure thousands of PCs. Over time it has become a powerful language that supports complex expressions, user functions, loops and everything else that veteran scripters would expect.