In 2012, I created the New Delhi R Users Group. Apart for a brief 5 month stint in which I was in Canada and handed over the organization to some others, I had been nurturing it for almost three years. With 676 users, and 38 meetups done , I think it is a somewhat reasonable success. Since I have now moved my base to Mumbai, I accordingly have transitioned it to someone else, and left the group.
Yesterday I met the organizers and members of the Mumbai R Users Group
It was a great forum, very well organized in Xavier’s College of Management and a balanced mix of students, industry people and experts were there. I have been hesitant to join other meetups in India before (though I did my share of non tech meetups in Canada). I am happy to say it was totally worth my time and effort to travel to this beautiful hundred-year-old college and meet the best of RUsers in Mumbai who champion R with zero corporate support in India, and yet have a dream to offer data science consulting and products via open source. The speakers were mature, experienced and knowledgeable and the audience was intelligent, responsive and thirsty for R.
Mumbai will be an interesting place for R and other data science languages to grow.
Mazel Tov Mumbai!
Serendipity, luck and sheer chut-zpah enabled me to watch from the front seat, a jazz performance by Igor Buttman and the quartet at the NCPA , Mumbai. Most of the crowd was elderly Parsis, so I really didnt help matters by wearing a baseball hat.
The jazz was lovely. The quartet has a pianist who is blind and has golden hair, and man, he could sing too besides playing BOTH classical piano and jazz. He needs to be taught a lesson by Butman into humility though.
an amazing blind pianist and vocalist, Oleg Akkuratov. A visually challenged boy from a small Russian town, Armavir, Akkuratov is an exceptionally talented pianist and vocalist, a unique jazz and classical musician, who participated in UNESCO’s International Choir. He has won numerous international contests and has been awarded the World Health Organization’s “Health” award, entitled “For the will to live”. At the age of nineteen Oleg outplayed many others to win the International Piano Competition in Novosibirsk.
He has performed in the Olympic Games and Para-Olympic Games, inspiring many handicapped people.
America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests.
- Henry Kissinger: The White House Years,
- The price of oil is shit. The Russian military industrial complex needs to boost up GDP and this can help Russian arms sales to Middle East Arab countries
- Replace inventory of obsolete weapons by dumping them and testing them
- Rehearse and collect intel on American Special Forces capabilities and Air Force capabilities including stealing technology
- Bond more with Iran who has also entered post their new accepted deal . Iran without nukes and without sanctions
- Completely take off attention over Crimean war and the sanctions there.
- Regain Internationational stature as a player in a multipolar world
- America has done a great job of handling both Iraq and Afghan conflicts so far and can be relied in a presidential lame duck tenure to avoid decisive action
- Tie up Assad and possibly Iran back in the WarSaw Pact (Putin edition)
- Boost price of oil (maybe)
- Kill Islamic terrorists (since they have suffered more deaths from them than all Western Country citizens combined)
- Test waters and capabilities for enhanced global warfare positions
Many students want to get an internship in data science.
Here is a list of free resources and THINGS TO DO to help you prepare BEFORE the interview
4. write one blog post a week for atleast 400 words on what you have learnt in the week before
not including political parties or state governments here is a list of top 5 unethical companies in India in terms of controversies
- Company 1 -cant say because they bought ads on my media channel
- Company 2- censored because they are friends to the government
- Company 3- threatened with goondas as well as law suits
- Company 4- included only so we can play with it’s stock price
- Company 5- a company on its way down and no friends to help
That is how the way the financial media reports news on companies in India. This is because unlike the United States , our SEBI ( equivalent to SEC) does not investigate insider trading with the same zeal as Preet Bharara does.
Sorry for the spam.