Matt Damon grows potatoes in his shit on Mars to stay alive in the movie Martian. I hope I didn’t ruin anything for you. Spoiler Alert.
The luck of the Irish keeps Matt Damon’s career alive and his astronaut alive in the Martian. Heck Affleck actually had to struggle for his stardom. All Matt does is smile at us, and we smile back. Personally, I am more a fan of Tarantino Hollywood than Spielberg Hollywood anyway.
The Martian was an interesting movie for me to watch since I have seen Matt in Interstellar ( where he lost the fistfight again. Why does Matt get into fist fights when Krav Maga is clearly his style). Interesting to see how teams play and interact and politic and still come up trumps. In space travel, socialism wins and Team trumps individual. Not to be confused by Team Trump’s Individual.
On this planet, called Earth, Capitalism wins. Corporations trump individuals. Nations trump other-other nations. Humans trump rest of nature team. We eat lamb chops, pork ribs and beef burgers and wonder why the global warming brigade is just tin hat battalion. How many battalions do the scientists have anyway? Environmentalism is for sissies who play chicken- chicken!
Meanwhile in other non-significant news, the polar ice keeps melting, scientists keep crying, and all your duly elected democratic government can think of is how can I milk the oil under the ice to feed the corporation whose lobbyists can fund my election. Cause and effect, brothers and sisters, cause and effect.
Give me the shit science that an Irishman does to grow potatoes on Mars, and I would any day prefer it to the crap news that you feed me on how climate change is just a joke for a George Carlin to joke on. Carlin is dead! Who will save us from the ice and water that floods or the droughts. Not your buddy, Jeez.
So you can send the Irish to grow potatoes on Mars but you can’t send the Scots to force people to grow olive and coconut trees on Earth. Insa, that is too bad, is it not.
In 2012, I created the New Delhi R Users Group. Apart for a brief 5 month stint in which I was in Canada and handed over the organization to some others, I had been nurturing it for almost three years. With 676 users, and 38 meetups done , I think it is a somewhat reasonable success. Since I have now moved my base to Mumbai, I accordingly have transitioned it to someone else, and left the group.
Yesterday I met the organizers and members of the Mumbai R Users Group
It was a great forum, very well organized in Xavier’s College of Management and a balanced mix of students, industry people and experts were there. I have been hesitant to join other meetups in India before (though I did my share of non tech meetups in Canada). I am happy to say it was totally worth my time and effort to travel to this beautiful hundred-year-old college and meet the best of RUsers in Mumbai who champion R with zero corporate support in India, and yet have a dream to offer data science consulting and products via open source. The speakers were mature, experienced and knowledgeable and the audience was intelligent, responsive and thirsty for R.
Mumbai will be an interesting place for R and other data science languages to grow.
Mazel Tov Mumbai!
Serendipity, luck and sheer chut-zpah enabled me to watch from the front seat, a jazz performance by Igor Buttman and the quartet at the NCPA , Mumbai. Most of the crowd was elderly Parsis, so I really didnt help matters by wearing a baseball hat.
The jazz was lovely. The quartet has a pianist who is blind and has golden hair, and man, he could sing too besides playing BOTH classical piano and jazz. He needs to be taught a lesson by Butman into humility though.
an amazing blind pianist and vocalist, Oleg Akkuratov. A visually challenged boy from a small Russian town, Armavir, Akkuratov is an exceptionally talented pianist and vocalist, a unique jazz and classical musician, who participated in UNESCO’s International Choir. He has won numerous international contests and has been awarded the World Health Organization’s “Health” award, entitled “For the will to live”. At the age of nineteen Oleg outplayed many others to win the International Piano Competition in Novosibirsk.
He has performed in the Olympic Games and Para-Olympic Games, inspiring many handicapped people.
America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests.
- Henry Kissinger: The White House Years,
- The price of oil is shit. The Russian military industrial complex needs to boost up GDP and this can help Russian arms sales to Middle East Arab countries
- Replace inventory of obsolete weapons by dumping them and testing them
- Rehearse and collect intel on American Special Forces capabilities and Air Force capabilities including stealing technology
- Bond more with Iran who has also entered post their new accepted deal . Iran without nukes and without sanctions
- Completely take off attention over Crimean war and the sanctions there.
- Regain Internationational stature as a player in a multipolar world
- America has done a great job of handling both Iraq and Afghan conflicts so far and can be relied in a presidential lame duck tenure to avoid decisive action
- Tie up Assad and possibly Iran back in the WarSaw Pact (Putin edition)
- Boost price of oil (maybe)
- Kill Islamic terrorists (since they have suffered more deaths from them than all Western Country citizens combined)
- Test waters and capabilities for enhanced global warfare positions
Many students want to get an internship in data science.
Here is a list of free resources and THINGS TO DO to help you prepare BEFORE the interview
4. write one blog post a week for atleast 400 words on what you have learnt in the week before
not including political parties or state governments here is a list of top 5 unethical companies in India in terms of controversies
- Company 1 -cant say because they bought ads on my media channel
- Company 2- censored because they are friends to the government
- Company 3- threatened with goondas as well as law suits
- Company 4- included only so we can play with it’s stock price
- Company 5- a company on its way down and no friends to help
That is how the way the financial media reports news on companies in India. This is because unlike the United States , our SEBI ( equivalent to SEC) does not investigate insider trading with the same zeal as Preet Bharara does.
Sorry for the spam.