9/11 did not happen because Clinton missed Al Quaeda with his missiles. It happened because there were 19 sleeper agents within USA. Some members of hacker activist groups like Anonymous claim to be both smarter and know more than the overworked analysts in NSA, FBI, CIA, DIA, MIA Whatever Homeland Security
Homeland Security has been on the lookout for threats as the posture in Chicago, and New york suggest.
- Help with technical expertise in how cyber activities and communications can evade NSA level scrutiny
- Visit and observe, scan and report potential vulnerabilities in local law enforcement ( not enough cops, bro anons) in some kind of website/ software mobile interface
- Encourage social activists in training think tanks to explore how economic disparities and loose priorities can create pools of potential terrorists to remain and flourish. Like what is more vulnerable- a church on Easter in Queens or Times New Square (because it was attacked 4 years ago)
- Create an ecosystem for crowd sourced intelligence.
- Target ISIS communication , motivation and digital presence (ok anonymous lets wait for a few more months and target Donald Duck when he really hurts the most). Basically target C4Star for ISIS. Whats that. Its a British term (read here https://decisionstats.com/2012/01/24/c4istar-for-hacking-and-cyber-conflict/ )
- Open up a dialog. It is better for old men to talk than for young men to die. How about an annual Conference for Anonymous to teach hacking activism
- Dont quibble for fees and consulting. America is too important to be left to Americans.
- Read some statistics and merge it with better time series forecasting for extreme event prediction
- Shake up some of the arrogance of law enforcement- hey I found out this terrorist before you did
- Scan the ports of Jordanians donating money, Pakistanis donating expertise, Saudis donating religious motivation to ISIS. Remember Paris. Is Paris Burning, Jodl?