America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests.
- Henry Kissinger: The White House Years,
- The price of oil is shit. The Russian military industrial complex needs to boost up GDP and this can help Russian arms sales to Middle East Arab countries
- Replace inventory of obsolete weapons by dumping them and testing them
- Rehearse and collect intel on American Special Forces capabilities and Air Force capabilities including stealing technology
- Bond more with Iran who has also entered post their new accepted deal . Iran without nukes and without sanctions
- Completely take off attention over Crimean war and the sanctions there.
- Regain Internationational stature as a player in a multipolar world
- America has done a great job of handling both Iraq and Afghan conflicts so far and can be relied in a presidential lame duck tenure to avoid decisive action
- Tie up Assad and possibly Iran back in the WarSaw Pact (Putin edition)
- Boost price of oil (maybe)
- Kill Islamic terrorists (since they have suffered more deaths from them than all Western Country citizens combined)
- Test waters and capabilities for enhanced global warfare positions