Tales from the crypto-
1) Accept the inevitability of writer’s block and surrender to it for a few days. Even Nobel Prize Winners have had it
2) Divert your attention from constantly thinking on the same topic by reading a completely different topic
3) Relax your body . Some people exercise and run. Me, I prefer a pedicure
4) Open your computer and start typing whatever comes to your mind for five minutes. Think of it as a game of speedy fingers. After 5 minutes pause. Hey that was not so bad
5) Distract yourself .Watch Benedict Cumberbatch and Listen to Freddy Mercury. or Mika. Music helps
6) Tea is the only stimulant that is legal AND healthy even if you take it a lot. Everything else including alcohol, pills, weed, coffee will cause pain OR side effects
7) Create an artificial deadline and type type type. Edit for quality later.
8) Stop worrying on getting the right words in first go and focus on creation first and polishing later. Worrying kills creativity
9) Time spent on Internet is not counted as time spent productively, so go for a digital detox. Switch off all technology for two days if you can
10) More relaxing- Pray to someone or something you believe. Visit someplace you enjoyed. Smell the roses. This too shall pass.
continued from- How to be a Better Writer