1) Be Honest. Internet and Google are good at recognizing fakes
2) Always keep an eye on web analytics to receive feedback on what works and what does not work
3) Categories and Tags help people and search engines find your content easily
4) Trust in God but use Spell Check.
5) Interesting blog beats non interesting blog
6) Curiosity and Utility are the two things you need for a blog.
7) Artists steal. Bloggers get inspired. Search Engines catch thieves. So modify when you get inspired. Use original words
8) Benchmark with the best blogs in your subject. Read others. What does your blog aspire to do?
9) People who know CSS and HTML are better at changing blog layouts. Or people who are better at finding WordPress themes.
10) Plan your writing and always a few drafts handy.
11) Be regular in your passion for blogging. If you are not passionate about doing a good job out of it, you will NOT do a good job out of it.
12) Okay I have a superb blog. Where do I publicize without looking like a spammer?