Gurus like this and this should me but I think something is rotten in the state of analytics data visualizations on the web.
- Facebook Page Insights- Cool Viz- Blue Line Graphs
- WordPress prefers bar plots and spatial analysis (if only minimal)
- Google Activity Dashboard prefers Tufte (?) . No it just shows fonts, and even a (gasp) pie chart.
- Scribd prefers —yes tables and line graphs rule
- Slideshare Stats are a pro feature (!) . Free features are a table– sigh
- LinkedIn – was a pioneer but now
- Linkedin Groups viz
- Quora Stats – hmm
- My Anti Virus still likes doughnuts
- OFFICIAL Twitter Analytics
source – https://decisionstats.com/2013/10/07/ads-and-analytics-on-twitter-is-a-lovely-platform-ads-twitter-ipo-analytics-socialmedia/
- Google Analytics – a synonym for data vizualization on the web has Napolean March Chart ambitions but fails to simplify beyond the simple and fails totally at the complex .
- That’s a pie chart, bitches!
- There is no data that can be displayed in a pie chart, that cannot be displayed BETTER in some other type of chart.” John Tukey