- People selling business analytics software claim business analytics will solve everything for your business (including world peace and hunger if the govt chooses)
- People selling business analytics training claim there is a big shortage of analysts/data scientists and getting those skills will give you job and eternal bliss ( but in obtuse language to prevent lawsuits)
- People selling consulting services claim software (see 1) is incredibly difficult to customize without their help
- Everyone is charging money which is expensive without any transparency on why it is priced so. What are your costs etc?
- Everyone has a few shiny testimonials on their website. This is very confusing. How can everyone be equally good.
- The credit rating agencies of Data science world are as corrupted and prone to influence as the credit rating agencies of the financial world (Enough said, Gideon!)
- Pricing in data science solutions, products and services is like this- my website is better than that competitor website /blog so if he charges X let me charge X +dx
- Even companies that began with grand visions of revolution and changing the world slowly upped their price of both software and training
- White papers in data science is a declining but still robust industry. The latest thing in data science- SLICK BLOGS by smart looking people
- No one bothers to explain total cost of ownership or total return on investment on data science and analytics. Very surprising, since every one is a quantitative expert and these two metrics should bother the dear beloved end customer the most
- I have seen some hype bubbles ( yes I am 36 years old) Business Intelligence- Business Analytics- Data Science- Big Data… What is the next big buzzword
- Everyone is selling webinars for free. There is no free lunch. Why are there free webinars.
- How I can go from unpaid blogger to paid webinar guru— test my hypothesis (thinks a lot of people everyday)
- Somewhere in a West Coast college dormitory or an Eastern Eurpean garage, some geeks are plotting the next data revolution. You have been warned.
- How many bums must one guy kiss to get invited to conferences
- In the age of skype, and video conferencing- why do you need a conference. oH right- thats another side industry too.
- The more billions a software company makes in analytics, the more haters it gets!
- 123,000 bloggers think they can run Google better than Eric Schmidt. Includes two.
ps- Sarcasm was totally unintentional. Direct all malevolence here http://plus.google.com/+AjayOhri