Having come lately to the Apple party, here is my contribution. Click the images to see the download links-
You can view the whole Iphone Apps at Apple as well here-
Navigating lots of iPhone apps can give you lots of fun sometimes wasting time but that’s the way it is.
10 iPhone Apps I actually use ( and dont pay for)
The cheapest ( almost) VoIp to call India using my iPhone ( note most university campuses have extensive Wi Fi)
Download the iPhone App and then sign into Skype from any WiFi zone and reach friends and family free with Skype-to-Skype calls.
2) Yahoo Messenger – Almost the same as Skype but better in messaging and not so great in Voice.
3) NY Times – For News reading
Good Nifty features, is faster than the Web Site ( loading on ATT 3g sigh!)
- Offline reading – access The Times’ sections and articles to read on and offline
- Simple navigation – view pictures and articles quickly
- Photo view – browse the news in pictures and link to the related articles
- Customize your display by selecting your four favorite news categories
4) Tweet Deck on iPhone
If you thought tweeting wastes too much time, here is the app for you
5) Pandora- Music for Nothing that means free music streaming on 3G.
Pandora Radio is your own FREE personalized radio now available to stream music on your iPhone. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs or classical composers and Pandora will create a “station” that plays their music and more music like it
6) TextPlus – for free SMS
7) Battery Magic- helps you take notes on when to charge the Iphone ( an inevitabl and alas necessary function)
8) Alarm Clock Free- Much better free alarm clock
9) Maps + Compass
Very very useful when travelling to a new city. Effectively a GPS for your car as well.
10) Facebook for iPhone- It is the best way to share photos actually with your friends
A website called Apptism currently tracks 94,000 IPhone apps in case you want to explore more.
You can see it here it is quite nice and nifty-
Hope that helps-