1) Create a Business Plan
2) Create a Website Layout Plan
3) Choose a Domain name from http://www.register.com.
4) Go to a site like http://www.bluehost.com which offers server space
5) Register your website there. Choose the DNS Servers and IP Addresses of DNS Servers.
6) Log into http://www.yourdomainname.com/c-panel . Go to Fantastico (thats a Purple Smiley)
7) Install WordPress on the Server
8) Log Into your Website at http://www.yourdomainname.com/wp-admin with the WordPress User name and Password
9) Go to http://yourdomainname.com/wp-admin/post-new.php to start putting up new content.
10) Burn your RSS Feed at http://www.feedburner.com. Choose an option/widget for offering email subscriptions/newsletters.Paste that code on your website.
11) Go to http://www.wordpress.org to search for appropriate Themes (which determine look) or Plugins (which determine functionality) of your website
12) Download a FTP Client called Filezilla (search from Google.com).
13) Download appropriate themes and plugins from WordPress.org or Google Searches
14) Upload using the Filezilla FTP Client
15) Go to http://www.google.com/analytics. Install tracking code in the footer of your website to analyze traffic.
16) Go to http://www.google.com/adsense and sites like bidadvertiser, http://www.lemonade.com to install ads at appropriate places in your website.
17)Start promoting your website simultaneously refreshing the content. This can also mean buying ads on http://www.google.com/adwords
18) Submit your articles/posts to http://www.digg.com and http://www.stumbleupon.com . You can also share your website posts using Facebook (post on your profile and also use Notes-a Facebook Application)
19) Submit your blog to http://www.technocrati.com
20) Monitor Traffic and Tweak content, look and strategy and take feedback to boost traffic.Re-do steps 18-20 for atleast six months
PS:If these twenty steps don’t work mail me at email@example.com and I will work for you for a contract fee 🙂
2 thoughts on “20 Steps to Creating a Website Business”