Here is how you can use R ( the software) to beat recession.
A new plugin just came out by Li for WordPress pages for R Web Interfaces.
You can also do R analysis straight from the Web here –
Using R for The Web Interfaces ( http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#R-Web-Interfaces) ,hosting them on a cloud environment ,using encryption and compression through the Ohri Framework ( see http://www.decisionstats.com/?p=217)
you can extend the use of R for not only scoring models as Zementis (www.zementis.com ) currently does , but also building them online .
All you would need is Ubuntu Linux (www.ubuntu.com) , and a fast web connection.
Thats it- No fast servers, No Windows Licenses, No Analytical Licenses at all needed.
And someone to build all the above- any takers ?
Note- I retain authorship of the idea- Ohri framework .
1) Use encryption and compression software on data
2) Upload compressed data to R Web Interface Server hosted on cloud computer
3) R Web Interface decompresses and decrypts the data before executing the statistical analysis using appropriate package.
4) View Analysis online or download graphics
5) Encrypt and compress scored data ( in case of regression scoring for propensity scoring or risk modeling)
6) Download scored data and decrypt and decompress.
You can cut the download and use the web for straight online scoring , but that would require a private cloud.