The Necessity of Cyber War as a better alternative to traditional warfare
By the time our generation is done with this living on this planet, we should have found a way to flip warfare into just another computer game.
- Cyber War does not kill people but does diminish both production as well offensive capabilities of enemy.
- It destroys lesser resources of the enemy irreversibly, thus leading to increased capacity to claim damages or taxes from the loser of the conflict
- It does not motivate general population for war hysteria thus minimizing inflationary pressures
- Cyber War does not divert too many goods and services (like commodities, metals, fuels) from your economy unlike traditional warfare
- Capacity to wage cyber war needs human resources and can reduce asymmetry between nations in terms of resources available naturally or historically (like money , access to fuel and logistics, geography , educated population,colonial history )
- It is more effective in both offensive and defensive capabilities and at a much much cheaper cost to defense budgets
- Most developed countries have already invested heavily in it, and it can render traditional weaponry ineffective and expensive. If you ignore investing in cyber war capabilities your defense forces would be compromised and national infrastructure can be held to ransom
Self-defence….is the only honourable course where there is unreadiness for self-immolation.– Gandhi.