Increasingly I am beginning to search more and more on Facebook. This is for the following reasons-
1) Facebook is walled off to Google (mostly). While within Facebook , I get both people results and content results (from Bing).
Bing is an okay alternative , though not as fast as Google Instant.
2) Cleaner Web Results When Facebook increases the number of results from 3 top links to say 10 top links, there should be more outbound traffic from FB search to websites.For some reason Google continues to show 14 pages of results… Why? Why not limit to just one page.
3) Better People Search than Pipl and Google. But not much (or any) image search. This is curious and I am hoping the Instagram results would be added to search results.
4) I am hoping for any company Facebook or Microsoft to challenge Adsense . Adwords already has rivals. Adsense is a de facto monopoly and my experiences in advertising show that content creators can make much more money from a better Adsense (especially ) if Adsense and Adwords do not have a conflict of interest from same advertisers.
Adwords should have been a special case of Adsense for Google.com but it is not.
5) Machine learning can only get you from tau to delta tau. When ad click behavior is inherently dependent on humans who behave mostly on chaotic , or genetic models than linear CPC models. I find FB has an inherent advantage in the quantity and quality of data collected on people behavior rather than click behavior. They are also more aggressive and less apologetic about behavorially targeted ads.
Additional point- Analytics for Google Analytics is not as rich as analytics from Facebook pages in terms of demographic variables. This can be tested by anyone.