Home » Posts tagged 'Wage'
Tag Archives: Wage
The Necessity of Cyber War as a better alternative to traditional warfare
By the time our generation is done with this living on this planet, we should have found a way to flip warfare into just another computer game.
- Cyber War does not kill people but does diminish both production as well offensive capabilities of enemy.
- It destroys lesser resources of the enemy irreversibly, thus leading to increased capacity to claim damages or taxes from the loser of the conflict
- It does not motivate general population for war hysteria thus minimizing inflationary pressures
- Cyber War does not divert too many goods and services (like commodities, metals, fuels) from your economy unlike traditional warfare
- Capacity to wage cyber war needs human resources and can reduce asymmetry between nations in terms of resources available naturally or historically (like money , access to fuel and logistics, geography , educated population,colonial history )
- It is more effective in both offensive and defensive capabilities and at a much much cheaper cost to defense budgets
- Most developed countries have already invested heavily in it, and it can render traditional weaponry ineffective and expensive. If you ignore investing in cyber war capabilities your defense forces would be compromised and national infrastructure can be held to ransom
Self-defence….is the only honourable course where there is unreadiness for self-immolation.- Gandhi.
Some wry observations from me on the world on economics-
1) 150 years after humiliating their country in the Opium Wars, Chinese mandarins have somehow convinced their leaders and military to park 2 trillion assets in Anglo Saxon debt. If Greece geting a 50% discount on its loan is the new precedent, when will the USA force its lendors to the negotiation table.
2) Income inequality and protests are something the Arabs and Israelis have in common. Besides being the sons of Abraham of course. Note the Persians are not considered the same as Arabs.
3) Advance knowledge of geo-political events can and ensures Western financial dealers have an edge on the sovereign funds in the other hemisphere. What used to be the playgrounds of Eton has now shifted to the pubs of Boston and So Cal.
4) After spending 1 trillion USD on arms in the past one decade (funded by guys in item 1), the United States military forces is in a much better more advanced position to wage simultaneous war.
5) Can a war in Korean peninsula affect war in the Persian sphere of influence. Just follow the money , baby.
6) Saudi Wahabis continue to fund terror despite losing a lot of money in the economic meltdown in past few years. For every 1 $ increase in Saudi oil revenue, western oil companies ,traders, financiers make more, much more.
7) Demographics is an important key to economics. An aging Japan, and stagnant West is one cause to shift from manpower intensive warfare to cyber warfare. Plus Cyber warfare is good business . Underpopulated Russia and Arabs continue to lack true economic potential.
8) There are new economic incentives to develop tools to disseminate as well as distort information flow in real time in a hyper connected digital world.
On the Internet I am not brown or black or white. I am Anonymous and yet myself. I am free to choose whatever identity I wish to choose, free to drink from whatever pools of knowledge my local government wishes to forbid. The Internet does not care about how rich or poor I may be. It has ways to track exactly where I am, but it has tools to disguise that as well. On the internet the strongest government, the richest corporation and the deepest pockets can tremble before the bits and bytes of a talented and motivated hacker working from his basement in his parents house.
There are no losers on the Internet: only winners. Except for those who seek to covet and control the uncontrollable- the human desire to seek knowledge beyond the confines of whatever cave they may find themselves borne in.
There are no countries to wage war on the Internet: there is nothing to kill and die for. The Internet allowed a million writers to write and publish without the interference of brokers and intermediaries. It allowed a billion people to download a trillion songs that were locked away in some rich man’s virtual vault. It allowed a dozen countries to overthrow their dictators without wasting a billion worth of goods and treasure.
On the Internet, everyone is equal, free and true to the own nature they choose, not the fate that is chosen by corporation, country or circumstance.
Ah! The Internet- it will set you free.