Home » Posts tagged 'voice'
Tag Archives: voice
I was wondering why the planet spends so much money in the $150-billion business process outsourcing industry, especially in voice calls to call centers.
If your iPhone Siri phone can be configured to answer any query, Why can’t it be configured to be a virtual assistant, customer support, marketing outbound or even a super charged call center interactive voice response .
Can we do and run some tests on this?
I often wonder why bright, intelligent software programmers go out of their way to write turgid and lengthy words in documentation, do not make step by step screenshot/slides for Tutorials, and practically force everyone to reinvent the wheel everytime they create a new platform.
Top of my wish list for 2012-
1) Better GUI for APP CREATION-
example-A GUI utility to create chrome apps something similar to Android App creator http://www.appinventorbeta.com/about/
2) Automated Porting or Translation-
An automated appsot app for reading in an iOS app (or iPhone app) and churning out the necessary Android app code. This is similar to translating blogs from one blogging platform to another using Python at http://code.google.com/p/google-blog-converters-appengine/
but the woefully underpowered http://wordpress2blogger.appspot.com/ currently allows only downloads less than 1 MB, while WordPress itself allows 15 MB export files.
3) Better interaction between cloud and desktop apps
example – (google docs and libre office) or webcams to (google hangouts and google voice /youtube)
Are we there yet? Not appy enough !
This is a ten step program to fight hacking attacks. You may or may not choose to ignore it, laugh at it, or ponder on it.
1) Internet security is a billion dollar business which will only grow in size as cloud computing approaches. Pioneers in providing security will earn considerable revenue like McAffee , Norton did in the PC era. Incidentally it also means the consulting/partner group that is willing to work with virtual workers and virtual payments to offshore consultants.
2) Industrial espionage has existed from the days the West stole Gunpowder and Silk formula from China (and China is now doing the same to its software). The company and country will the best hackers will win. Keep your team motivated mate, or it is very easy for them to defect to the other side of the (cyber) wall.
3) When 2 billion people have access to internet the number of hackers will grow in number and quality much more rapidly than when only 100 million people across the world had access. Thanks to Google Translate, Paypal, Skype video Call, Tor Project, and Google Voice i can and have collaborative with hackers almost in all geographies. You can only imagine what the black hats are doing.
4) Analyzing hackers is like reading Chinese Tea Leaves. If you have experienced analysts, you will slip up. recruit the hackers in the dormitory before China recruits them using Lulz Security as a bogus cover. or USA recruits them as cover for spreading democracy in the Arab countries.
5) get your website audited for security breaches. sponsor a hack my website contest. before someone else does it for you.
6) Fighting hackers was always tough. But now we have part time hackers , people with perfectly respectable jobs who look like Mr Andersen and hack like Neo from the Matrix. Every kid once wanted to be a firefighter. Every geek dreams of the one ultimate hack.
7) if you cant beat hackers, join them.
8) the more machine data is generated, the more you need external experts and newer software interfaces. Investing in open data, datasets is good. Keeping Bradley manning naked in his cell is bad. ignore the bad PR at your own cost.
9) Stop blaming China for every hack attack. You are a techie not a politician
10) Hack hard. Hack well. If someone hacks you, you will need to hack them off offensively unless you just want to be an easy mark for the rest of your lives. Counter -hacking expertise needs to be strengthened and groomed. hacking is an offense not just a defense game.