Home » Posts tagged 'skype'
Tag Archives: skype
- Just go to http://www.facebook.com/videocalling
- Get Started
- See this. You will need to download and install something on your computer.And calls are just one on one (Unlike Google Huddle which can have upto ten people and also doesnot need any installer -esp if you use Chrome)
- Send a video message if your friend is not available. (that beats Google Huddle which doesnot seem to have the video inbox feature yet)
This is a ten step program to fight hacking attacks. You may or may not choose to ignore it, laugh at it, or ponder on it.
1) Internet security is a billion dollar business which will only grow in size as cloud computing approaches. Pioneers in providing security will earn considerable revenue like McAffee , Norton did in the PC era. Incidentally it also means the consulting/partner group that is willing to work with virtual workers and virtual payments to offshore consultants.
2) Industrial espionage has existed from the days the West stole Gunpowder and Silk formula from China (and China is now doing the same to its software). The company and country will the best hackers will win. Keep your team motivated mate, or it is very easy for them to defect to the other side of the (cyber) wall.
3) When 2 billion people have access to internet the number of hackers will grow in number and quality much more rapidly than when only 100 million people across the world had access. Thanks to Google Translate, Paypal, Skype video Call, Tor Project, and Google Voice i can and have collaborative with hackers almost in all geographies. You can only imagine what the black hats are doing.
4) Analyzing hackers is like reading Chinese Tea Leaves. If you have experienced analysts, you will slip up. recruit the hackers in the dormitory before China recruits them using Lulz Security as a bogus cover. or USA recruits them as cover for spreading democracy in the Arab countries.
5) get your website audited for security breaches. sponsor a hack my website contest. before someone else does it for you.
6) Fighting hackers was always tough. But now we have part time hackers , people with perfectly respectable jobs who look like Mr Andersen and hack like Neo from the Matrix. Every kid once wanted to be a firefighter. Every geek dreams of the one ultimate hack.
7) if you cant beat hackers, join them.
8) the more machine data is generated, the more you need external experts and newer software interfaces. Investing in open data, datasets is good. Keeping Bradley manning naked in his cell is bad. ignore the bad PR at your own cost.
9) Stop blaming China for every hack attack. You are a techie not a politician
10) Hack hard. Hack well. If someone hacks you, you will need to hack them off offensively unless you just want to be an easy mark for the rest of your lives. Counter -hacking expertise needs to be strengthened and groomed. hacking is an offense not just a defense game.
I had a skype video chat with Karime Chine and he was kind enough to walk me through the new portal Elastic-R at http://www.elastic-r.org
Basically you can work on a collaborative basis in this with multiple users working on excel as well as R projects.
Some screenshots-in a short presentation I made on my notes during K Chine’s presentation
Also, Revolution Analytics is coming out with a Web Services product for R
RevoDeployR: Web Services for R
Both are very powerful uses of R for cloud computing- and it would be interesting if the original cloud computing champion Google gets into the R Project.