SAS Data Loader for Hadoop eliminates the complexities of writing MapReduce code, with a simple, point-and-click interface that empowers business analysts to prepare, integrate and cleanse big data faster and easier than ever. In addition, data scientists and programmers can run SAS code on Hadoop in parallel for better performance and greater productivity.
- Download and install Cloudera QuickStart VM for CDH 5.3x.
- Download and install either VMware Player 6.0 or later (for Windows) or VMware Fusion for OS X 6.0 (for Mac).
- Download and install your 90-day free trial of SAS Data Loader for Hadoop.
In the future I think analysts need to be polyglots- you will need to know more than one language for crunching data.
SAS, Python, R, Julia,SPSS,Matlab- Pick Any Two ;) or Any Three.
No, you can’t count C or Java as a statistical language :) :)
Efforts to promote Polyglots in Statistical Software are-
1) R for SAS and SPSS Users (free or book)
2) R for Stata Users (book)
3) SAS and R (blog and book)
4) Using Python and R together
Probably we need a Python and R for Data Analysis book- just like we have for SAS and R books.
5) Matlab and R
Reference (http://mathesaurus.sourceforge.net/matlab-python-xref.pdf ) includes Python
5) Octave and R
package http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RcppOctave/vignettes/RcppOctave.pdf includes Matlab
6) Julia and python
- PyPlot uses the Julia PyCall package to call Python’s matplotlib directly from Julia
7) SPSS and Python is here
8) SPSS and R is as below
- The Essentials for R for Statistics versions 22, 21, 20, and 19 are available here.
- This link will take you to the SourceForge site where the Version 18 Essentials and Plugins are hosted.
9) Using R from Clojure – Incanter
Big Data for Big Brother. Now playing. At a computer near you. How to help water the tree of liberty using statistics?
or use SAS software
SAS/CIA from the last paragraph of