Home » Posts tagged 'people'
Tag Archives: people
UPDATED POST- Some Models I use for Business Strategy- to analyze the huge reams of qualitative and uncertain data that business generates.
- Porters 5 forces Model-To analyze industries
- BCG Matrix- To analyze Product Portfolios
- Porters Diamond Model- To analyze locations
- McKinsey 7 S Model-To analyze teams
- Gernier Theory- To analyze growth of organization
- Herzberg Hygiene Theory- To analyze soft aspects of individuals
- Marketing Mix Model- To analyze marketing mix.
Here is a brief tutorial for people to run R on Windows Azure Cloud (OS=Windows in this case , but there are 4 kinds of Linux also available)
There is a free 90 day trial so you can run R for free on the cloud for free (since Google Cloud Compute is still in closed hush hush beta)
The Analytics (or stats) dashboard at WordPress.com continues to disappoint, and is a major reason for people to move out of WordPress.com hosting (since they need better analytics like that by Google Analytics which cant be enabled on the default mode)
Its not really beautiful unlike the rest of WordPress Universe!
It can be made better if people try harder! Analytics matters
Here are some points
1) Bar charts and Histograms are not really the best way to visualize trends across time
4) I cant even export my traffic stats (and forget an api !) so I am stuck with the bad data viz here
Obama Order Sped Up Wave of Cyberattacks Against Iran
Published: June 1, 2012
WASHINGTON — From his first months in office, President Obama secretly ordered increasingly sophisticated attacks on the computer systems that run Iran’s main nuclear enrichment facilities, significantly expanding America’s first sustained use of cyberweapons,
Can the White House declare a cyberwar?
By JENNIFER MARTINEZ and JONATHAN ALLEN | 6/1/12
“When we see the results it’s pretty clear they’re doing it without anybody except a very few people knowing about it, much less having any impact on whether it’s happening or not,” said Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Wash.).
McDermott is troubled because “we have given more and more power to the president, through the CIA, to carry out operations, and, frankly, if you go back in history, the reason we have problems with Iran is because the CIA brought about a coup.”
All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.
The Congress shall have Power
Clause 11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize
KARL RITTER and MATT MOORE 10/ 9/09 11:02 PM ET
Statement Regarding Barack Obama
The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as “Senior Lecturer.”
From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year.
The Necessity of Cyber War as a better alternative to traditional warfare
By the time our generation is done with this living on this planet, we should have found a way to flip warfare into just another computer game.
- Cyber War does not kill people but does diminish both production as well offensive capabilities of enemy.
- It destroys lesser resources of the enemy irreversibly, thus leading to increased capacity to claim damages or taxes from the loser of the conflict
- It does not motivate general population for war hysteria thus minimizing inflationary pressures
- Cyber War does not divert too many goods and services (like commodities, metals, fuels) from your economy unlike traditional warfare
- Capacity to wage cyber war needs human resources and can reduce asymmetry between nations in terms of resources available naturally or historically (like money , access to fuel and logistics, geography , educated population,colonial history )
- It is more effective in both offensive and defensive capabilities and at a much much cheaper cost to defense budgets
- Most developed countries have already invested heavily in it, and it can render traditional weaponry ineffective and expensive. If you ignore investing in cyber war capabilities your defense forces would be compromised and national infrastructure can be held to ransom
Self-defence….is the only honourable course where there is unreadiness for self-immolation.- Gandhi.
I have been busy-
1) Finally my divorce came through. My advice – dont do it without a pre-nup ! Alimony means all the money.
2) Spending time on Quora after getting bored from LinkedIn, Twitter,Facebook,Google Plus,Tumblr, WordPress
See this answer to-
1) we will change the world
2) if we get 1% of a billion people market, we will be rich
3) if we have got funding, most of the job is done
4) lets pay ourselves high salaries since we got funded
5) our idea is awesome and cant be copied, improvised, stolen, replicated
6) startups are painless
7) it is a better life than a corporate career
8) long term vision is important than short term cash burn
9) we will never sell out or exit. never
10) its a great idea to make startups with friend
Say hello to me – http://www.quora.com/Ajay-Ohri/answers
3) Writing freelance articles on APIs for Programmable Web
Why write pro? See point 1)
4) Writing poetry on http://poemsforkush.com/. It now gets 23000 views a month. I wish I could say my poems were great, but the readers are kind (364 subscribers!) and also Google Image Search is very very kind.
5) Kicking tires with next book ” R for Cloud Computing” and be tuned for another writing announcement
6) Waiting for Paul Kent, VP, SAS Big Data to reply to my emails for interview after HE promised me!! You dont get to 105 interviews without being a bit stubborn!
7) Sighing on politics engulfing my American friends especially with regards to Chic-fil-A and Romney’s gaffes. Now thats what I call a first world problem! Protesting by eating or boycotting chicken sandwiches! In India we had the world’s biggest blackout two days in a row- and no one is attending the Hunger Fast against corruption protests!
8) Watching Olympics! Our glorious nation of 1.2 billion very smart people has managed to win 1 Bronze till today!! Michael Phelps has won more medals and more gold than the whole of India has since the Olympics Games began!!
9) Consulting to pay the bills. includes writing R code, making presentations. Why consult when I have writing to do? See point 1)
10) Reading New York Times to get insights on Big Data and Analytics. Trust them- they know what they are doing!