UPDATED POST- Some Models I use for Business Strategy- to analyze the huge reams of qualitative and uncertain data that business generates. I have added a bonus the Business canvas Model (number 2)
- Porters 5 forces Model-To analyze industries
- Business Canvas
- BCG Matrix- To analyze Product Portfolios
- Porters Diamond Model- To analyze locations
- McKinsey 7 S Model-To analyze teams
- Gernier Theory- To analyze growth of organization
- Herzberg Hygiene Theory- To analyze soft aspects of individuals
- Marketing Mix Model- To analyze marketing mix.
Here is a brief tutorial for people to run R on Windows Azure Cloud (OS=Windows in this case , but there are 4 kinds of Linux also available)
There is a free 90 day trial so you can run R for free on the cloud for free (since Google Cloud Compute is still in closed hush hush beta)
Go to https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/
The Analytics (or stats) dashboard at WordPress.com continues to disappoint, and is a major reason for people to move out of WordPress.com hosting (since they need better analytics like that by Google Analytics which cant be enabled on the default mode)
Its not really beautiful unlike the rest of WordPress Universe!
It can be made better if people try harder! Analytics matters
Here are some points
1) Bar charts and Histograms are not really the best way to visualize trends across time
2) Location Analytics is limited to just country level analysis and the heatmap (?) is aweful in terms of distinguishing gradients
3) Referrers Tab needs to do a better job on distinguishing between mobile and non mobile traffic, social and non social traffic (and there are better ways to visualize than just a simple list)!
4) I cant even export my traffic stats (and forget an api !) so I am stuck with the bad data viz here