Home » Posts tagged 'open access'
Tag Archives: open access
- The publisher adds credibility to your work
- A self fulfilling prophecy where researchers want to publish in exclusive journals and closed -access books, for the sole reason that others did so as well before them and thereby donate their knowledge and money to the publisher
The dichotomy in being a writer on open source with a non-open access publisher?
- I write on open source R ,
- and I have been published (one book )
- and am on contract to write two more ( R for Cloud Computing) and (R for Web and Social Media Analytics)
- My publisher does have open access journals.
- But the book is at $50. Most of India lives at less than 2$ per day. Thats 800 million people in my country alone.
But the publisher is the most reputed in this field. So what are my choices? How do I get more people to have choices to read books.
Take open knowledge , curate it, and turn it behind a $50 paywall. I am sorry, Aaron. People like me are the reason ……