Home » Posts tagged 'Julian Assange'
Tag Archives: Julian Assange
Well it is summer here in Delhi, India and hacking season has just begun.
Some noteable hacks that have already played-
1) The adventures of Sony Websites and bumbling administrators
2) The loose passwords of InfraGard as played by Lulz Security
3) PBS website hacked to revive Tupac is alive myths.
4) Iranian computers hacked
5) Google hacked (not by China)
6) Google hacked (again by China)
7) US State Department hacked (by you know who)
8) Iranian nuclear reactors hacked (old news but we like this one)
9) Julian Assange hacked
okay Julian got hacked by the oldest hack trap in the world but it is still pertinent.
So how the fuck do we control these evil hackers.
- Show them money
- Show them Jesus
- Throw them in Jail
The correct solution to bring talented members of the technical community back into the nice air contioned corporate tent of technology is to-
- Sponsor Hack My Website Contests- Winners have to share techniques
- Sponsor Hack this Search Engine Rank Contests- Winners have to share technique
- General Amnesty for people who have hacked before provided they share techniques and agree to join security teams.
- Sponsor hack this login id contests- Winners have to share techniques and work to develop fool proof system.
Unfortunately this will never happen. even the big grand Daddy , Google is willing to define hacking contests only in the narrow frame o technical hacks, rather than a system breach hack. Because system breach hacks generally happen at the people level.
Internal cover your assets mentality prevents technology and media employees from reaching out and helping create a secure online platform, thus harming shareholders.
Destruction testing (even in a controlled sandbox) of online systems would reveal the underbelly of corporate information technology.
I mean who wants to sponsor a hack contest that makes you look bad, when it is much more expensive to have a hacking attacks that decreases share price, but doesnot affect your salary.
We have gone in for crowd sourced coding.
How about incentivizing crowd sourced systems design for secure and free internet.
http://rewiredstate.org/ does it.
Apparently UK is more open for hackers than the US.
Coding a Better Country
May 7th, 2011 sees the first Rewired State ALBA event out in Norfolk. More details here.
March 26, 2011
We are very excited about our THIRD National Hack the Government Day, being held on the 26th March.
1) Apps that save money or time or both for government/citizens/business
2) Best use of crime data (the prize will contain the number 300,000, but it won’t be pounds)
3) Best use of justice data (we’re working to arrange for previously unreleased data to be available on the day)
Any takers? Julian, ?
Julian Assange a very Dear Chap
couldnt control his pecker
got caught in a honey trap
Should have kept that rubber on, Jules
Nordic Scandinavians may be easy but even they have rules
meanwhile Dear Chap’s Website the eponymous Wikileaks
is leaking revolution and democracy like Vegas casino magic tricks
The Arabs read his website before Sentor Joe crashed it down
And now Anglo Saxon allies in Egypy, Tunisia, Libya, Yemen, Bahrain are wearing a frown
Viva La Website Revolution Wikileaks
Merde to the Dear Chap\s pecker squeaks
Time up, time for all dictators to go and hide,
rulers Arabian, or Aussi hackers on a funny ride.
- Ten Things You Should Know Before Moving In With Julian Assange (blogs.forbes.com)
- Julian Assange Threatens To Sue The Guardian Again (huffingtonpost.com)
- “Swedish justice” part 1 – New editorial in Sweden’s biggest newspaper demands sentence for Julian Assange (tannhauser4.wordpress.com)
- Julian Assange Granted Bail in London at 240 ££ (rawjustice.com)
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall-
Whos the Prettiest Wiki of them All
(click on the image you like)
- WikiLeaks disappears from the internet (newstatesman.com)
- WikiLeaks Website Overcomes Internet Blow (news.sky.com)
- Moscow Has Eyes On WikiLeaks, Too (yro.slashdot.org)
- WikiLeaks Forced to Switch to Swiss Domain Name (blippitt.com)
- Leak now while there’s still time (gearfuse.com)
- Why do hippos coat their body with red fluid (wiki.answers.com)
- First Assume Nothing-
I would be very surprised if 260,000 documents and not even one was a counter-intelligence dis information move. Why was ALL the information stored in one place- maybe Wikileaks would leak the launch codes of the missiles next.
One more data visualization for Tableau- R watchers can not how jjplot by Facebook Analytics and Tableau are replacing GGPLOT 2 as visualization standards- (GGPLOT 2 needs a better GUI maybe using pyqt than the Deducer currently- maybe they can create GGPLOT extensions for Red R yet)
and yes stranger stupid things have happened in diplomacy and intelligence (like India exploding the nuclear bomb on exactly the same date and same place —-surprising CIA, but we are supposed to be on the same side atleast for the next decade) but it would be wrong not to cross reference the cables with the some verification.
Tableau gives great data viz though, but I dont think all 260,000 cables are valid data points (and boy they must really be regretting creating the internet at DARPA and DoD- but you can always blame Al Gore for that)
- WikiLeaks ‘surprised’ by scale of US espionage (cnn.com)
- India is concerned about what the WikiLeaks documents hold but assures US of no harm in the relations (panasianbiz.com)
- How a Burnt Lady Gaga CD Helped Leak Thousands of Intelligence Files [Wikileaks] (gizmodo.com)
- Australia Considers Arresting WikiLeaks Chief (israelnationalnews.com)
- WikiLeaks confronts cyberattack (theglobeandmail.com)