Home » Posts tagged 'holidays'
Tag Archives: holidays
Top New Year Resolutions
I will lose (or do less of)-
- weight (in pounds or kilos)
- double (or triple chins)
- stretch marks,cellulite, acne
- generally try and eat /drink/smoke less
I will gain (or do more of)
- more time with family
- write my book/blog/poetry
I will quit (or stop doing this)
- miscellaneous time or health wasting addictions
I will start (initiative)
- my secret hobby (blog)
- my latent fantasy (business)
- something I always wanted to do but didnt, and so likely wouldnt, but it looks good on the list (vacation)
- keeping my new year resolutions because my spouse and kids forced me to (but not say so too loudly).
Happy New resolutions folks
- Resolutions 2011 by bing – tible.mobi (itunes.apple.com)
- Merry Christmas (daysontheclaise.blogspot.com)
- …And a Merry Christmas To All….. (thestoryinme.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas (organizeyourstuffnow.com)
- Merry Christmas (nevillehobson.com)
- Holiday Programming Note (and Merry Christmas!) (blisstree.com)
- Merry Christmas from Neil Gaiman (aintitcool.com)
- Being Politically Correct During The Holidays (socyberty.com)
- Your Merry Christmas Linkapalooza! (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- “YugaTech wishes you a very Merry Christmas!” and related posts (yugatech.com)
- “Merry Christmas!” and related posts (domesticatedsophisticate.blogspot.com)
Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى ‘Īdu l-’Aḍḥā) or “Festival of Sacrifice” or
“Greater Eid” is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims
worldwide to commemorate the willingness of Abraham (Ibrahim) to
sacrifice his son Ishmael (Isma’il) as an act of obedience to God, before
God intervened to provide him with a ram (uncastrated male sheep) to
The meat is divided into three parts to be distributed to others. The family retains one third of the share, another third is given to relatives, friends and neighbors, and the other third is given to the poor & needy.
Eid al-Adha is the latter of two Eid festivals celebrated by Muslims, whose basis comes from Sura 2 (Al-Baqara) Ayah 196 in the Qur’an.
The incident with Abraham and God is also mentioned in Old Testament
1431 (Islamic Calendar): November 16, 2010.
The Binding of Isaac, in Genesis 22:1-24 is a story from the Hebrew Bible in which God asks Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac, on Mount Moriah.
The narration is referred to as the Akedah (עקדה) or Akedat Yitzchak (עקידת יצחק) in Hebrew and as the Dhabih (ذبيح) in Arabic. The sacrifice itself is called an Olah in Hebrew — for the significance of sacrifices, especially in Biblical times, see korban.
Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada.
Thanksgiving was a holiday to express thankfulness, gratitude, and appreciation to God, family and friends for which all have been blessed of material possessions and relationships.
Traditionally, it has been a time to give thanks for a bountiful harvest. This holiday has since moved away from its religious roots.
Note from Ajay-
Goats are slaughtered on Id and Turkeys on Thanksgiving
Happy Holidays to you.
(Id is a holiday in secular India as we celebrate Minority Festivals-by constitutional law )