Home » Posts tagged 'hackers'
Tag Archives: hackers
- Servers were okay, it was the DNS server that got swamped.
- I am sorry for the downtime- hopefully you didnt even notice
- I have faced challenges like domain name hijacking, sql injection , malicious WP plugins and thats why shifted to a professional hosting. I stand by my vendors and their professional judgement, moving away would mean the hackers won.
- This was very clever to swamp the DNS provider- my compliments to the tech talent behind this.
- You would think that every webmaster would have a back up plan in case his site went dDOS, but surprisingly even corporate websites dont have a back up (under attack) plan
Awesomely informative post on sascom magazine (whose editor I have I interviewed before here at http://www.decisionstats.com/interview-alison-bolen-sas-com/ – )
Great piece by Michael Ames ,SAS Data Integration Product Manager.
Also see SAS’s big data thingys here at
Solutions and Capabilities Using SAS® In-Memory Analytics
- High-Performance Analytics – Get near-real-time insights with appliance-ready analytics software designed to tackle big data and complex problems.
- High-Performance Risk – Faster, better risk management decisions based on the most up-to-date views of your overall risk exposure.
- High-Performance Liquidity Risk Management – Take quick, decisive actions to secure adequate funding, especially in times of volatility.
- High-Performance Stress Testing – Make faster, more precise decisions to protect the health of the firm.
- Visual Analytics – Explore big data using in-memory capabilities to better understand all of your data, discover new patterns and publish reports to the Web and iPad®.
(Ajay- I liked the Visual Analytics piece especially for Big Data )
I liked the design, user interfaces and the conceptual ideas behind the latest Anonymous hactivist websites (much better than the shabby graphic design of Wikileaks, or Friends of Wikileaks, though I guess they have been busy what with Julian’s escapades and Syrian emails)
I disagree (and let us agree to disagree some of the time)
with the complete lack of respect for Graphical User Interfaces for tools. If dDOS really took off due to LOIC, why not build a GUI for SQL Injection (or atleats the top 25 vulnerability testing as by this list http://www.sans.org/top25-software-errors/
Shouldnt Tor be embedded within the next generation of Loic.
Automated testing tools are used by companies like Adobe (and others)… so why not create simple GUI for the existing tools.., I may be completely offtrack here.. but I think hacker education has been a critical misstep[ that has undermined Western Democracies preparedness for Cyber tactics by hostile regimes)…. how to create the next generation of hackers by easy tutorials (see codeacademy and build appropriate modules)
-A slick website to be funded by Bitcoins (Money can buy everything including Mastercard and Visa, but Bitcoins are an innovative step towards an internet economy currency)
-A collobrative wiki
Seriously dude, why not make this a part of Wikipedia- (i know Jimmy Wales got shifty eyes, but can you trust some1 )
-Analytics for Anonymous (sighs! I should have thought about this earlier)
http://anonanalytics.com/ (can be used to play and bill both sides of corporate espionage and be cyber private investigators)
What We Do
We provide the public with investigative reports exposing corrupt companies. Our team includes analysts, forensic accountants, statisticians, computer experts, and lawyers from various jurisdictions and backgrounds. All information presented in our reports is acquired through legal channels, fact-checked, and vetted thoroughly before release. This is both for the protection of our associates as well as groups/individuals who rely on our work.
_and lastly creative content for Pinterest.com and Public Relations ( what next-? Tom Cruise to play Julian Assange in the new Movie ?)
http://www.par-anoia.net/ />Potentially Alarming Research: Anonymous Intelligence AgencyInformation is and will be free. Expect it. ~ Anonymous
Links of interest
- Latest Scientology Mails (Austria)
- Full FBI call transcript
- Arrest Tracker
- HBGary Email Viewer
- The Pirate Bay Proxy
- We Are Anonymous – Book
- To be announced…
This is not about hacking the cloud. Instead this is about using the cloud to hack
Some articles last year wrote on how hackers used Amazon Ec2 for hacking/ddos attacks.
Roth claims that a typical wireless password can be guessed by EC2 and his software in about six minutes. He proved this by hacking networks in the area where he lives. The type of EC2 computers used in the attack costs 28 cents per minute, so $1.68 is all it could take to lay open a wireless network.
Cloud services are also attractive for hackers because the use of multiple servers can facilitate tasks such as cracking passwords, said Ray Valdes, an analyst at Gartner Inc. Amazon could improve measures to weed out bogus accounts, he said.
and this article by Anti-Sec pointed out how one can obtain a debit card anonymously
VPN Account without paper trail
- Purchase prepaid visa card with cash
- Purchase Bitcoins with Money Order
- Donate Bitcoins to different account
Masking your IP address to log on is done by TOR
and the actual flooding is done by tools like LOIC or HOIC
So what safeguards can be expected from the next wave of Teenage Mutant Ninjas..?
I got the incredible and intriguing Machine Learning for Hackers for just $15.99 for an electronic copy from O Reilly Media. (Deal of the Day!)
It has just been launched this month!!
It is an incredible book- and I really like the way O Reilly has made it so easy to download E Books
I am trying to read it while trying to a write a whole lot of other stuff— and it seems easy to read and understand even for non-hackers like me. Esp with Stanford delaying its online machine learning course- this is one handy e-book to have to get you started in ML and data science!!
Click the image to see the real deal.